Is this possible? Replace KUID

fourteen

Can this be done? If you have a route missing a Kuid that you cannot find, can you replace the Kuid number on a good one, with the missing ones Kuid? So it will show up so you can replace it or delate it in game.

If it works was thinking of changing the color of the assest to some bright color so it would stand out, making it easy to find.

Any idea's if it would work or not, or another way to get ride of the missing assest? Thanks.

If you have a route missing a Kuid that you cannot find, can you replace the Kuid number on a good one, with the missing ones Kuid? So it will show up so you can replace it or delate it in game.
This will work if the replacement asset is the same kind as the original - for instance, two scenery assets. You can sometimes guess the kind from KUID, based on similar numbers or what you know about the original creator. If they are not the same kind then you can create further problems, such as locos stuck in the middle of a field, or houses attached to the track.

This is handy if you want to replace, such as trees or foliage. But if you want to delete then you would just use the Delete Missing Assets option.

Was thinking also would have to be same type of asset. The delete missing assets has never worked for me on any computer I have, not sure why, wish it would though. Thanks for the info.

Delete Missing Assets can be a strange one - when using it in TS12 for example one usually needs to unlock the route layer for it to work correctly.

Shane

No worries - from memory if it's the first time it's been in Surveyor for that route/session it's usually locked by default unless changed.

Shane

The routes were unlocked, tried the Delete Missing Assets did not remove them. Tried locking then unlocking the route as a test, did not work still. How ever was worth a try anyway. Roine in the other post was able to track down some of my missing stuff. will see what I have left after I download the missing ones.

The routes were unlocked, tried the Delete Missing Assets did not remove them.
For TS12 you should edit the default session for the route, and delete missing assets from the session edit. That will automatically lock the route as required and delete missing assets from the route.

For T:ANE there should be no prolbem with deleting missing assets from the route edit.

how do you go about editing the default session? Thanks.
For TS12? Select Surveyor, select the route, select VIew Sessions, select the default sessin (not the Quickdrive) then select delete missing assets off the main menu. If you are asked to allow the procedure to unlock the route, be sure to say Yes.

Okay tried that still didn't work, oh well only have a few missing items on a couple routes, they work fine without them, so it no big problem with them missing. Thanks for the help.

Back