Working on the Railroad With a Criminal Record (Felonies)

I don't care to go into details of what actually happened since it's nobody's business but I'm still fighting my case. Now is it possible to get in the railroad industries with felonies on your record? I know BNSF won't entertain the though of employing people convicted of felonies but I haven't yet been convicted though I'm expecting a resolution by next month hopefully. What are my chances of getting on board with a railroad with an arrest record and/or a conviction?

Why is it a basic issue over there?

The railroads are regulated by the Federal Railroad Administration guidelines, and felony offences are generally grounds for disqualification and are probably looked at on a case by case basis. Since there hasn't been a felony conviction, then they can't disqualify him from applying.

A few years back was in a job placement thing, a few of the guys with me had felony jail time, they were having problems getting jobs because of it, in some cases 30-40 years after they got out jail. They said it would haunt them to till they died for a stupid mistake when they were young. Felt bad for them as they had did there time and still had that over there head trying to get a good job.

Should one get a felony conviction in the US, you will not be able to: serve on a jury, serve in public office, for the local, state, fed govt, work in law enforcement or any legal profession, teach or do janitorial jobs in a school or college, work with children, work in a bank or lending institution, work with money in 99.9% of ALL jobs, and a RR job is technically a federal job, that felons are excluded from obtaining

Last edited:
Back