Reported SPAM - split from spam post - please read mod reaction and request

It may appear as a simple solution but it may also increase the amount of work that the moderators need to do as well (in addition to dealing with reported messages etc).

Shane

So why not adding more moderators from different continents because of the many time zone

It may appear as a simple solution but it may also increase the amount of work that the moderators need to do as well (in addition to dealing with reported messages etc).

Shane

We understand that but at least they can deal with them when they have time to do it , leaving the forum to tick over at times when moderator coverage is light or non existent without fear of another large spam attack .
Given that they have to deal with reported spam posts on a daily basis then surely reading through a few posts from new forum users is no different ?

So why not adding more moderators from different continents because of the many time zone

That's another issue. I'm sure this is incorrect, but it really seems like Zec and Oknotsen are the only people doing anything. Again, that's only the view of an outsider looking in, but it really seems like having a few more mods from multiple timezones would solve a lot of headaches for the current staff.

As per my suggestion/comments at the start of the thread... And where are N3V in all this? It is, after all, their official company/game forum not some third party operated board. If genuine newcomers have to wait for their posts to show up, so what? As noted above, most will understand the precaution which is what 99% of other forums do anyway. If some snivelling 12 year old has a hissy fit and decides not to buy Trainz because his question doesn't show up immediately, not going to be the difference between profit and ruination for N3V.

Nowadays this seems more like a community-run board with the only input from N3V being an update on how T:ANE's newest service pack (whatever it may be) is "revolutionary" and whatnot. They've ignored this specific issue and left it to mods like Zec to figure out how to handle it. Granted, now that i've said this, i'm sure within the next few days Tony or someone will hop in and say i'm wrong and that "we're working really hard to make this [forum] the best it can possibly be" or some empty corporate monologue like that.

It'd be nice to see some actual action taken rather than having the mods say "eh, just report it, we'll get to it sometime". I know the job of a mod is difficult, as it's been stated many times before. But what baffles me is that there's such an easy solution to this problem, yet it hasn't been implemented at this time.

That's another issue. I'm sure this is incorrect, but it really seems like Zec and Oknotsen are the only people doing anything. Again, that's only the view of an outsider looking in, but it really seems like having a few more mods from multiple timezones would solve a lot of headaches for the current staff.

I was thinking having maybe twelve mods total, with one mod per two time zones. That would allow of at least one mod on the Forums at all times of day and night. However, there probably would have to be more mods for Europe, the U.S. and Australia per time zone due to a lot of the people here are from those three areas. I'd would day since the U.S. has six time zones (Eastern Time, Central Time, Mountain Time, Pacific Time, Alaska Time, Hawaii Time), I'd put four mods on the lower 48 (two mods handling Pacific and Mountain Time together, two mods for Central and Eastern Time), one mod for Hawaii and Alaska Time, so a total of five mods for the continental U.S. and the Hawaii. The same could also be implemented in other parts of the world.

Back