Need answer on portal question

dynajet

I have setup two portals on my mainline, Portal EB & Portal WB. The Portal EB is set to consume trains, train returns after 2 real minutes, train returns through alternate portal Portal WB. The Portal WB is set to produce trains. My train enters the EB portal but never returns. I've waited up to 10 minutes. What am I doing wrong.

I running Trainz A New Era ver. 90946 on a Mac.

Thanks as always for any help.

Assuming you have set the portals up correctly ensure that portal WB is not being asked to produce and return a train at the same time, i.e one train is not clear of the portal before the next starts to be produced. Try longer times which are less likely to become multiples. Peter

I have setup two portals on my mainline, Portal EB & Portal WB. The Portal EB is set to consume trains, train returns after 2 real minutes, train returns through alternate portal Portal WB. The Portal WB is set to produce trains. My train enters the EB portal but never returns. I've waited up to 10 minutes. What am I doing wrong.

I running Trainz A New Era ver. 90946 on a Mac.

Thanks as always for any help.

I always set up 'Entry' and 'Exit' portals in both directions (a total of 4 portals) in conjunction with Central Portal Control. I set my driver commands to only spawn consists from the 'entry' portals.

In that way there is never any confusion and it works every time.

Cheers,
Roy

Not wanting to start a new thread just for iPortal ... Do iPortal's work in TS12 and T:ANE, so that you can send consists to other routes on your PC, or other members PC routes ?

Make sure the portal is set up the way you want in both 'Create Route' and 'Create Session'.

If one is different, it will usually follow the setting in 'Create Session'.

-AL

Back