Prowler's K-37 Help

JacTrainz

Toasters!
Hi. I was wondering how i can get prowler901's K-37 to work in TS12. I want to complete the the chain of his K class 2-8-2s.
When i installed it, it just showed a bunch of errors. I don't know what to do.
I know about togog's K-37. I am just so attracted to prowler's K-37. It just looks better and more like a K-37 to me.
Any help will be appreciated.

Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_shadow.pm'

Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.texture.txt'.

Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.texture.txt'.

Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.

Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.bmp' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.

Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'

Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.

Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.

Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.bmp' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.

Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'

Error: Binary conversion failed for texture resource 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.

First you have to convert the progressive meshes to .im meshes. (PMtoIM tool for that). Then you have to edit the config file to reference the .im instead of the .pm files. Then you probably have to run assetx to fix what's left.

I run the k37s in TS12 and TANE, but you have to fix them.

Pitkin

First you have to convert the progressive meshes to .im meshes. (PMtoIM tool for that). Then you have to edit the config file to reference the .im instead of the .pm files. Then you probably have to run assetx to fix what's left.

Pitkin

You do not necessarily want assetx to assetx to change to the latest build number; fool around with this a bit to see which build number tane will accept.

Pitkin
I converted the pms to ims. Thanks.
What do you mean by "edit the config file to reference the .im instead of the .pm files"? I don't see im or pm anywhere.

The K-37 is a Trainz 1.3 asset. Those don't use "mesh-table" containers like TRS2004-and-later assets do to specify specific mesh files, but instead use the "asset-filename" tag, which does not specify the extension of the mesh file, to direct Trainz to the mesh. The K-37 config.txt uses "D&RGW_K37" as the value for this tag, so because this is a traincar asset, Trainz expects, for instance, the main mesh to be named "D&RGW_K37_body" (plus extension) and located in a subfolder of the asset named "D&RGW_K37_body". Which is to say that unless T:ANE still complains that it can't load the mesh, you don't have to change anything in the config.txt file.

That being said, the PM-related error in the original post is due to the lack of a shadow mesh, not a problem loading the main body mesh. Provided that Trainz doesn't really require a PM mesh here for version 1.3/1.5 assets and would accept an IM mesh (I'm not sure off-hand), you could use PEV's QuickShadows program to create a simple shadow mesh from the main mesh, name it "d&rgw_k37_shadow.im", and put it in a subfolder of the asset named "d&rgw_k37_shadow".

The other quoted errors are due to a few extraneous .texture.txt files that aren't used by the mesh and for which corresponding texture maps aren't present. Just delete those files to fix that problem.

Yes, you can. I will help you tomorrowl, my eys are dilated right now.

Pitkin

If you open the asset you will see some .txt files. These are the ones that reference the .im files. I also noticed that I am actually using a K-37 by togog now, <kuid2:222925:43000:1> 2-8-2_DRGW_491_K-37. I think the prowler one can be fixed, though.

You may also try the different approach suggested in one of the previous posts. I am not familiar with that technique.

Pitkin

Back