Seeking Good Nature/Background Sounds

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good sound "objects" you can insert on your routes? I know years ago in TRS2006 we had those yellow tower pods that were invisible in driver mode that made bird, highway, traffic, dog barking, etc sounds that could fill up your background noise a bit. Any updated versions of these kind of things for TANE?

Thanks.

There doesn't appear to be any updated ones, Woody but those yellow tower things work great still.

Yo Woody !!!!

Had to interject a ' How are you doing my old , young friend , I sure miss the old days !
Stay safe !

Just my thoughts , DLR

John,
I've had a might bit of trouble getting them to function in TANE, and many did not make it while transferring content. The yellow sticks appear, but, alas, they don't make sounds in-game.

Dave,
Always good to hear from you...hope you're doing well these days!

​Woody

John,
I've had a might bit of trouble getting them to function in TANE, and many did not make it while transferring content. The yellow sticks appear, but, alas, they don't make sounds in-game.

​Woody

I have a few that don't work either, but I fixed one of them.

Open up the config.txt file.
In the sound script container, add in:

ambient 1

(Put it in the same area as volume, etc.)

Save, exit notepad.

Edit the sound file in Audacity, or your favorite audio editor, and change the bit rate from 44k down to 22050. (With Audacity, you need to export as .wav).

Submit the asset...

Note: if you get a .texture error, you'll need to run PEV's Images 2 TGA.

Oh I forgot... You can preview the sounds in Content Manager. Right-click on the asset and choose Open... Then preview or highlight the asset and press CTRL-SHIFT-Enter

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have a few that don't work either, but I fixed one of them.

Open up the config.txt file.
In the sound script container, add in:

ambient 1

(Put it in the same area as volume, etc.)

Save, exit notepad.

Edit the sound file in Audacity, or your favorite audio editor, and change the bit rate from 44k down to 22050. (With Audacity, you need to export as .wav).

Submit the asset...

Note: if you get a .texture error, you'll need to run PEV's Images 2 TGA.

Oh I forgot... You can preview the sounds in Content Manager. Right-click on the asset and choose Open... Then preview or highlight the asset and press CTRL-SHIFT-Enter

Hope this helps.

John, as always, your knowledge and help is greatly appreciated. You're an asset! Thanks!

There is a whole series of sounds by author Bossman (ID 52682) that still work in T:ANE, without needing any edits as far as I know.

A few I found particularly effective in creating an atmosphere were found in the Cattaraugus Creek route by gfisher;

<kuid2:52682:39273:2> KB_raven
<kuid2:52682:39089:1> KB crow
<kuid2:52682:39098:1> KB_dogbark
<kuid2:52682:39100:1> KB_dogsbarking

Sounds

I have some very reliable sound players that I use frequently,mostly configurable sound players. Here are some of the KUIDs

Configurable Ambient Sound Player-Community Edition
KUID 2:487222 :100248:1
Configurable Ambient Sound Player-CASP
KUID 487222:100238
Configurable Ambient Sound Player-Urban Hymns edition
KUID 2:487222:100238:1

Renocerous:D

Back