The gloves are off...

Railhead001

Hello Gents,

Hopefully the following video shows the potential for TMR17 and can put the "this vs. that" argument aside. I am extremely happy and proud at what I was able to achieve in this addition to my modded Pioneer & Freedom layout series.

With the knowledge gleamed from my trial layout detailing with the different Brazemore Yard Layout versions I made combined with my MRR knowledge I offer this short video showing the newest expansion which will shortly be released to the DLS....sit back and enjoy the ride.

For best results please set your Youtube settings to 1080p, and full screen off their site to get a really good view:

It's still morning as a crew shift change begins a little late taking their BNSF GP38-2 #2293 from the small servicing siding at Pioneer to pick up some empty corn syrup tankers destined to be refilled at the Corn Products International storage facility.

Special thanks to Dave Snow for allowing me to reskin several of his creations as well as the variety from him that is used on this layout. And to the folks at JointedRail for the release of their Old Town series which brought life to the towns on this layout. As long as these folks continue make excellent quality models I will continue to make layouts that hopefully live up their standards.

Last edited:
Great Job... I've been into Trainz for many years and now find myself almost exclusively in '17 . Maybe it's the nostalgia of my pre-computer / Trainz days of physical layouts, or maybe it's the fact that I find no real enjoyment in scenicing miles of unrelated real estate. Carry on! It looks great.

Last edited:
Great Job... I've been into Trainz for many years and now find myself almost exclusively in '17 . Maybe it's the nostalgia of my pre-computer / Trainz days of physical layouts, or maybe it's the fact that I find no real enjoyment in scenicing miles of unrelated real estate. Carry on! It looks great.

That's the problem with "routes" in my eyes as well, 1. you would spend way to much time to detail them and then 2. need a super computer to render them if they are anything but a shortline...........TMR17 fills my needs perfectly, I can produce super detailed layouts that can offer prototypical operations in a relatively short amount of time.

Forgot about this one....right before I completed the expansion I made a short vid of a long grain train running by an ADM grain elevator....

Last edited:
The second part of the Pioneer X Morning CS run finds the crew of a pair of BNSF ES44s #s 6163 and 5746 at Freedom Yard assembling a cut of cars that will be dropped off for future deliveries before returning to the Pioneer loco siding for refueling.

Or go big: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exICcWpxP98

Best viewed in 1080p YouTube settings

Last edited:
The crew of loco No. 2293 has just finished an early lunch and is starting to pick up some loaded grain covered hoppers at an ADM elevator before replacing them with a fresh batch of empties in a cut of freight cars waiting to be set out on the main line. And so starts the mid morning shuffle ending at Pioneer with the assembly of a local outbound freight.

Go big: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp74_H5BfuY

Last edited:
Another great video... Just wondering, looks like you are using the YARN road system, but the traffic is static. I think that some moving traffic would make it over the top. I know some say the crazy ivans give it a bad look, but the static traffic just is unreal. What is your take on the traffic?

Another great video... Just wondering, looks like you are using the YARN road system, but the traffic is static. I think that some moving traffic would make it over the top. I know some say the crazy ivans give it a bad look, but the static traffic just is unreal. What is your take on the traffic?

Ok, fair enough question. I own another rail sim game called EEP 14 and since their version of #7, traffic for that sim/game has been so far ahead of any other comparable game/sim I do not use what is out for Trainz at this time. EEP actually uses a separate programming language for just its vehicles. Not to say I won't in the future but for that reason and the fact my layout is supposed to be a "model railroad" which most only do offer static models I will continue to do so, besides the vehicles you see are mostly only available in static form. So for now I am satisfied in using them as static, of course when the new version of Pioneer X is released you should be able to use animated vehicles since it is the YARN system. If you do, make a video and I might change my mind if it looks realistic.

Last edited:
Cup of coffee anyone >

AcnQzaK.jpg

Enjoy the ride !!!!

<KUID:793180:100397> Pioneer eXpanded Layout

Custom content: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq0Ab5sDizaUkn3oJjFdrzpp1HN8

Back