PhilSkene Cilie and Oldphartz Logging

Heinrich505

I am sure you veterans are well aware of this, but I was so impressed by philskene's route Cilie and Oldphartz Logging that I had to say something. I've been running engines around his amazing scenery all day, loading up logs and getting completely immersed in his route. It is one of the most amazing routes I've seen to date. The attention to detail rivals or surpasses most HO layouts I've seen.

Being new to this simulation, I find myself daily seeing the most amazing detailed engines and routes, but so far, Phil's work has me absolutely stunned.

I'd just like to say thanks for all his hard effort. It is such a treat to experience this route.

Heinrich505

I think Philskene's efforts are fantastic. For one thing, all the assets are on the DLS. They are very versatile, and you don't have long runs for miles with nothing to do. And, you have to think, none of those annoying balloons, or whatever they are. I especially like the Yuan Gulch route, which I run in TANE. Thanks, Phil (or whoever you are).

Pitkin

I agree, Phil's work is an inspiration (and his route titles are inventive as well).

And, you have to think, none of those annoying balloons, or whatever they are.

They are called "Navigation Points" and I am a great fan of them for familiarizing people to a route and its industries or operations. But it takes almost no effort to turn them off in a session. In Driver open the Additional Tools Menu (the spanner symbol) and click the 2nd item (Hide Navigation Points).

It also takes minimal effort for a session creator to make a new session without the Navigation Points. I do this with my uploaded sessions. The BASIC version session contains all the Navigation Points and Message Popups, for those who need them. The EXPERT version session contains no Navigation Points and no Message Popups.

Pitkin,
I just downloaded the Yuan Gulch and it is amazing as well. Another one way over the ivy in left field and out of the park. Just beautiful.

Heinrich505

Heinrich, Pitkin --

Thanks for the comments. It's appreciated.

Have you found the write ups for my layouts? The threads give details about the layouts and sessions.

Use the Advanced Search function. "Search Single Content Type" / "User Name" = philskene / "Find Threads Started by User" / Search Now.

Cilie Oldphartz Logging:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...gauge-layout-the-Cilie-Oldpharts-Logging-RRCo

Yuan Gulch:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-model-railroad-quot-The-Yuan-Gulch-RRCo-quot

Phil

Pitkin,
I just downloaded the Yuan Gulch and it is amazing as well. Another one way over the ivy in left field and out of the park. Just beautiful.

Heinrich505

Here is one of Phil's that is easy to find the industries, but jam-packed with scenery:

Port Loleta

For added fun, program a driver to run from the yard to the end of the levee, then manually flip it around and return (must have TANE to do that)). And try to do your switching working around it.

Thanks & Advice

hey guys, First a Thanks to Philskene, awesome layouts. I`m kinda... well very ! new to trainz so I hope you`ll forgive any stupid questions (prob most of them actually) The first of which is... on DL Station the layouts are tagged for Tane - Tane SP2 - TMR... I have Tane SP2, will Tane & TMR layouts work on Tane SP2 ?

I`m NOT young.... But I WILL learn :)

Thanks in Advance, Jacobite.

P.S I Have the DLC TMR layouts that were released already installed.

Phil,
Yes, I read your posts on both railroads. And, the video for loading and unloading is spot on. Thanks very much for that.

I'm spending so much time logging that pretty soon the whole area will not have any more trees, haha.

Is the sawmill interactive? I ran the logs down the spur next to it but nothing happened. Just curious. I can have the boys do the unloading if need be, heh heh. Also, are there more sessions? The only one in DLC with TANE SP2 was session 4. That means there have to be others, right? :)

Your video for Krashnburne was great too. I'll have to download it as well. This stuff is magic, Phil. Thanks so much.

Heinrich505

Jacobite --

Let's see if I can explain. There are three flavours of T:ANE:

T:ANE.
T:ANE Deluxe - contains additional content (the additional content may or may not be also on the Download Station).
TMR17 - contains a subset of T:ANE content (the missing content may or may not be on the DLS) and some additional content (which may or may not be on the DLS).

So the only certainty is that layouts and sessions made in T:ANE will work in T:ANE and will also work in T:ANE Deluxe.

That why, even though I have all three, everything that I put on the DLS is constructed in T:ANE.
_____

Heinrich --

The only interactive logging industries are the Dry Sort Yard and the Log Dump. You have to get the Load Master to do the loading and unloading elsewhere.

The earlier sessions should work just fine in SP2. However, the SP2 sessions may or may not work in SP1 and the un-patched T:ANE. From time to time N3V changes the file structure when saving and packaging routes and sessions. Usually there is forward compatibility (ie SP1 works in SP2) but not necessarily backward compatibility (ie SP2 may not work in SP1).

Phil

Philskene's routes really are the best and I want to thank him for sharing those with the rest of us. The model railroad routes have really inspired me in learning how to build my own. Does anyone know what wood he use's for the bottom side and top rail of the layout table?

Hi leaddog --

I hope you guys get as much enjoyment using the layouts as I do making them.

But I gotta admit that sometimes I wonder "Why the !*%$ did I start this layout and how will I finish it?" Like this:

KabFourword_07.jpg

which after a lot of blood, sweat, tears, experimentation, .. evolves into this:

KabFourword_08.jpg

KabFourword_09.jpg

" ... the bottom side and top rail of the layout table?"

That's the fascia. Look for "Model Trainz Fascia, one thick, floor to baseboard - timber" on the Download Station. I drop the floor to -55 and set the fascia height to -59.50, and then -59.60 for the next panel to avoid flickering where they overlap.

Phil

I think it looks great !

At a later date, you could swap out some trestle tracks in areas that don't particularly need them (just to improve framerates) ... But great work :cool:

Back