How do I get my money back?

Welcome to the forums.

You could try asking Helpdesk (link is at the top of the page) - did you check the minimum requirements before buying the game?

Shane

Welcome to the forums.

You could try asking Helpdesk (link is at the top of the page) - did you check the minimum requirements before buying the game?

Shane
\

Of course I checked. Next time try being helpful, and leave it at ask the helpdesk.

I just don't feel like being polite right now.

Can see that you are annoyed, however it was a relevant question from the forums expert on issues with Trainz.....

May have been a simple problem.

What ever, if you bought it from N3V's online shop use the helpdesk, if from another supplier such as Steam you need to contact them.

https://support.trainzportal.com/

What are your PC specs ?

Video Card Model, CPU speed, HD space, RAM ... desktop/laptop model number

Some low end integrated graphics chip on motherboard laptops are not usable

Is it 64 bit ?

Why is it not playable ... What are the symptoms ?

Last edited:
Of course I checked. Next time try being helpful, and leave it at ask the helpdesk.
That is the first thing the helpdesk is going to ask. May as well get it out of the way now.

And the second they will ask is Did your PC meet the minimum specifications?

I just don't feel like being polite right now.

But you expect others to be polite to you? None of us work for N3V so we are not required to follow any social niceties for the benefit of a rude customer.

On the matter of the minimum specs, you would not be the first person to attempt to run TANE on a computer that was not suited if that was the case, for example on a 32 bit system. Your description "unplayable on my PC" leads to the obvious assumption that you had technical issues and your specs is the obvious place to start.

Last edited:
\ Of course I checked.

Because you checked, obviously your computer is above the minimum spec's. Then, somethings is wrong if your computer won't run Tane SP2 HF1. There are a number of things that could be affecting performance/frame rates.

As a suggestion, try turning as many Tane settings a low as possible, with things like "Shadow", etc, turned off. See how it runs then... If it runs OK, then you could then start raising some of the settings until you hit that "sweet spot".

Try turn everything that's not essential running in the background "off". Eg; A/V, etc...

Not knowing what your computer spec's are, something as simple as putting in a better video card in, or increasing the amount of ram, (assuming you only have 2 or 4 gigs) can make a world of difference. (Especially the video card).

I'm not to sure what N3V refund policy is. Good luck with that one...

Foot note; Shane, the person you barked at, is one of the most respected member of the Trainz community. He's gone out of his way to help 100's of Trainzers over the years. Here's a small sample. He went out of his way to write these tutorials to help us out, (especially the newbies); https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?87067-Full-Listing-of-my-tutorials-as-of-20-03-2012

My suggestion, and it is only a suggestion. If you plan on sticking around, (& your very welcome too) it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that you barked at Shane and offer him a simple apology. If you plan on jumping on your bike, good luck with your refund and your en-devours...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Back