Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: UK narrow boats or barges what do we have?

Blog Entries

Live and learn, as the saying goes, I thank you for that snippet of information. It has always been at the back of my mind that the explanation I was given for them was erroneous, mainly from the sheer size of the islands, but what you say makes for perfect sense. Thanks Valliant
    JP

An amazing read considering the animosity I used to receive a 15 or so years ago.
    Very interesting and the steam trains would go well with the canal era.
    I think both Trainz and Blender have passed me by.
    Still using Blender 2.79b but 2.8 series is a different kettle of fish and beyond my understanding.
    B
    Last edited by Barry; December 23rd, 2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Correction

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    An amazing read considering the animosity I used to receive a 15 or so years ago.
    Very interesting and the steam trains would go well with the canal era.
    I think both Trainz and Blender have passed me by.
    Still using Blender 2.79b but 2.8 series is a different kettle of fish and beyond my understanding.
    B
    Even 2 years ago Barry.
    I was most kindly informed by a long standing member, and one of this forums watch dogs, that this was a Trainz sim, boats were of no consequence!
    It seems that John Welan turned the tide when he posed the original question for this thread some 10 months ago, all power to his elbow.

I agree 2.8 is a little far advanced for me, or is that you can't teach old dogs...............
    Biggest draw back, far as I'm concerned in 2.8, the add on for dropping a creation directly into Trainz is inoperable, that and having just spent twelve months learning 2.79 I'd like to gain a little more experience in asset creation before updating my Blender.

Happy Trainzing and seasons greetings to all
    Last edited by parryjc; December 24th, 2019 at 01:35 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by parryjc View Post
    Even 2 years ago Barry.
    I was most kindly informed by a long standing member, and one of this forums watch dogs, that this was a Trainz sim, boats were of no consequence!
    It seems that John Welan turned the tide when he posed the original question for this thread some 10 months ago, all power to his elbow.

I agree 2.8 is a little far advanced for me, or is that you can't teach old dogs...............
    Biggest draw back, far as I'm concerned in 2.8, the add on for dropping a creation directly into Trainz is inoperable, that and having just spent twelve months learning 2.79 I'd like to gain a little more experience in asset creation before updating my Blender.

Happy Trainzing and seasons greetings to all
    And to one and all Have a nice Christmas.
    Last edited by Barry; December 25th, 2019 at 06:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2995Valliant View Post
    I live in hope that someone one day will take up the challenge of building some detailed narrowboats to the same standards as some of the rolling stock and road vehicles we now have. (I've got drawings and plenty of real ones for reference if anyone's interested!)
    Been working at producing some thing like, but bear in mind this is a wip.
    Lots to sort out as yet.
    Need some script, to make a coupling between motor and butty. I have read some scripts and noted there was a tolerance between objects to be connected, but would that tolerance stretch to around seventy feet, and in place of chain couplings a solid rope?
    Scripting now way beyond me.
    Comments?

Went to add an image but it wants an URL? May be I can post pictures with TCWW

Quote Originally Posted by parryjc View Post
    Been working at producing some thing like, but bear in mind this is a wip.
    Lots to sort out as yet.
    Need some script, to make a coupling between motor and butty. I have read some scripts and noted there was a tolerance between objects to be connected, but would that tolerance stretch to around seventy feet, and in place of chain couplings a solid rope?
    Scripting now way beyond me.
    Comments?

Went to add an image but it wants an URL? May be I can post pictures with TCWW

Create a dummy boat with a length of rope between a.limfront and a.limback. Then just couple up the barge followed by the rope or chain followed by the butty.

Cheerio John