Making a decision

bnsfcorey_33

Average Trainz Player
I want T:ANE SP2 and I also want TS18. If there is anyone out there who owns both of the games, which game is the better one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both games have their good and bad points which have been hashed over many times. I have both companies games. Trainz is more user friendly and is a stand alone game. I would go with Trainz first and if you find TS2018 cheap then buy that one too. Variety is a good thing.
;)

If you want TS18 don't forget to call your Bank for a big loan. All DLCs cost about 3500 bucks

You didn't get the point... I never say that you have tu buy em all but TS2018 is provided with what, 2-3 routes and trains and you have to buy DLCs then and yeah there's freeware third parties assets but not as much as Trainz but I'm not surprised as Dovetail was created by an ex EA

He has Trainz because if you look and previous thread he made he asked for locs because of missing deps so he have Trainz and why didn't he registered the game ? Maybe because he has troubles or an illegal copy

Making a decision - Getting too personal

I trashed DTG then ? TS2018 has its advantage and inconvenient like T:ANE but where T:ANE is superior is that making a route is so easier and full in terms of tools, a lot of 3r parties free assets etc ( yeah there's DLC too I know like everywhere ) but at least when you buy T:ANE you got a lot of included items unlike TS but like I said that's my POV

Last edited by a moderator:
He has Trainz because if you look and previous thread he made he asked for locs because of missing deps so he have Trainz and why didn't he registered the game ? Maybe because he has troubles or an illegal copy

Or he doesn't want to register it ... or has a different account and has registered it ... or et cetera ... It is nobodies business why he hasn't registered it.

It is nobodies business why he hasn't registered it.

Wrong!

We all don't like to answer questions of people who have illegal copies of trainz.

So, why not simply ask?

He can anser that question himself.
Would be nice if he did.

It's not your business to do it for him, meneer Vals Loeder!

Wrong!

We all don't like to answer questions of people who have illegal copies of trainz.

So, why not simply ask?

He can anser that question himself.
Would be nice if he did.

It's not your business to do it for him, meneer Vals Loeder!

Nobody is obligated to answer your inane questions dude, you can stamp your feet like a little girl but it doesn't change anything.

Think that TS18 is for running already been created routes and sessions, and there is allot of payware to be bought, and creating a route is almost impossible ... But it is great looking stuffz' !

Trainz is most funnest' because you can edit routes, and create your own routes

Nobody is obligated to answer your inane questions dude, you can stamp your feet like a little girl but it doesn't change anything.

That's true although I know quite a few are wary (and rightly too) when it comes to 'unregistered' users. I've seen cases in the past where there's been illegitimate versions involved (although I'm more keen to help people register their versions).

The registration also allows access to the technical support side of the forums - gauging by the OP's previous two posts they have been in General Trainz.

Shane

I'm a person that has made content in both Trainz and TS2018. Both have their ups and downs. If you want eye candy or you just want to drive a train, then I'd say go with TS2018. If you want to go for route creation, I'd say go with Trainz. When it comes to content creation, I'd say they are pretty equal except the fact that finding actual content creation guides for TS2018 can be a daunting task. Much of what is out there is outdated or just plain wrong.

That's true although I know quite a few are wary (and rightly too) when it comes to 'unregistered' users. I've seen cases in the past where there's been illegitimate versions involved (although I'm more keen to help people register their versions).

The registration also allows access to the technical support side of the forums - gauging by the OP's previous two posts they have been in General Trainz.

Shane

I believe in "innocent until proven guilty" and act likewise. It is not right to act as if a person with an unregistered version is by definition using a pirated version. Think about it. And secondly it aslo isn't in the interest of N3V to chase away potential customers by the local Gestapo here.

Back