Just got some sad news that my mother is dyiing

Humans have a bad habit of dying on us (as nobody really ever gets out of life alive) sooner or later everyone, (even your best friend dawg) expire, and succumb to a heart attack, or some other dreaded illness … You will just have to "Get Through It" … as you never really "Get Over It"

My mom was 98, and withered down for 5 long years, to be a 56 lb human skeleton of skin and bones, couldn't eat or drink, went blind, was propped up in a wheel chair, or laid in a urine soaked bed with bed sores

A friend of ours has a 101 y/o mother that takes washcloth baths all her life, has a thick dark moustache, and unwashed hair (as her lifelong bathtime in the tub or shower is every other month or so, biennial), she constantly is incontinent, and soils the cloth car seats, and wets any chair she sits in, as she smells like urine … I wouldn't wish old age on even my worst enemy

Last edited:
Sad when such a death happens as I had to watch that happening in a nursing home which was hard whilst at the same time I would find it difficult to discuss it on a hobby forum.

It is very hard to take when loved ones pass on. I tend to think of it as they have gone ahead to scout out the place and be the first ones to greet you open armed when your time comes. It helps me cope better when I feel lonely...

My condolences to you and your family Red. My Mother passed away Jan. 6th this year, and I miss her alot. What helps me through is knowing that she in a much better place. My prayers to you, and your Family. -Robert-:(

Missing you always,
Forgetting you never. :'(

Our sincere thoughts are with you mate. Birthdays, Christmas and Mother's Day are constant reminders of our loved ones no longer here, but always in our heart. May she rest in peace.

Best regards, Roy

My Mum's been gone more than five years now. Anniversaries, birthdays, Mother's Day, - always bring it back. The pain never really goes away, - we just learn how to carry it better.

Lost my mother when I was in my mid thirties, and my father not so long after that. They are still with me in my memories. Sadly, they never got to know their grandkids who are now adults, but we hope that too will be remedied some day in the far future. Best wishes for you Red_Rattler, this is a storm we all have to weather. We just have to hold them dear in our hearts.

Missing you always,
Forgetting you never. :'(
i feel you dude, i wish i could cheer you up even though it happened 3 years ago, but i still wish i could cheer you up with like every private galaxy railways model and all of the K&L trainz content in the universe, and possibly any model you have been dreaming about such as all content with faulty/unknown assets actually worcking

Last edited:
Back