Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got some sad news that my mother is dyiing

What makes it harder is that we weren't expecting it. I knew she had trouble, but didn't know she was very, very sick.

To me, it's a strange feeling. Still crying a lot of times.

The grief never goes away, but it abates with time.

Do whatever works for you to get through.

Hi Red_Rattler.

When my mother passed away in 2006 there were all kinds of feelings and thoughts went through my head and my very Soul. I'm certain that it would be little different for yourself. Yes, even today those feelings are still there. But the knowledge of who she was and how much she loved me gives me strength.

These words helped enormously:- "Those who mourn shall be comforted". - An extra prayer just went up for you and your family.

Stay strong mate, we are all thinking of you.

Alex

Still missing you mum on our second Mother's Day without you.

United States of America, Tennessee, Chattanooga
    Blog Entries

tomorrow will be a hard day for my mom since it will be the first Mother's Day since the passing of her 87 year old mom on January 9, 2019
    - Micah

Humans have a bad habit of dying on us (as nobody really ever gets out of life alive) sooner or later everyone, (even your best friend dawg) expire, and succumb to a heart attack, or some other dreaded illness … You will just have to "Get Through It" … as you never really "Get Over It"

My mom was 98, and withered down for 5 long years, to be a 56 lb human skeleton of skin and bones, couldn't eat or drink, went blind, was propped up in a wheel chair, or laid in a urine soaked bed with bed sores

A friend of ours has a 101 y/o mother that takes washcloth baths all her life, has a thick dark moustache, and unwashed hair (as her lifelong bathtime in the tub or shower is every other month or so, biennial), she constantly is incontinent, and soils the cloth car seats, and wets any chair she sits in, as she smells like urine … I wouldn't wish old age on even my worst enemy
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; May 12th, 2019 at 08:26 PM.

Sad when such a death happens as I had to watch that happening in a nursing home which was hard whilst at the same time I would find it difficult to discuss it on a hobby forum.

It is very hard to take when loved ones pass on. I tend to think of it as they have gone ahead to scout out the place and be the first ones to greet you open armed when your time comes. It helps me cope better when I feel lonely...
    (-3-)y-~~

My condolences to you and your family Red. My Mother passed away Jan. 6th this year, and I miss her alot. What helps me through is knowing that she in a much better place. My prayers to you, and your Family. -Robert-

I'm sorry for your loss....my condoleances to your family...may she rest in peace...