Just got some sad news that my mother is dyiing

Red_Rattler

Since 09 May 2003
I'm crying here, just got some sad news from my mother's pallative care nurse that my mother is dying. At the moment, she's still with us. We weren't expecting this so soon, as she wasn't all that old. For privacy I won't say what I;ve been told why.

:':)'(

Cross your fingers it may not happen. My mother's nursing home rang with the same message only to call back a little later they'd made a mistake with the name.

Cheerio John

I'm crying here, just got some sad news from my mother's pallative care nurse that my mother is dying. At the moment, she's still with us. We weren't expecting this so soon, as she wasn't all that old. For privacy I won't say what I;ve been told why.

:':)'(

Just hang in there mate. Life is full of moments that give us joy and also sadness. No doubt you have many moments and wonderful memories with your mother. Use whatever time you can spare to still create more great memories with your mum. Talk to her about those times and give her that added happiness, when she most needs it.

Regards,
Roy

I was only thinking about this sort of thing this morning when my doctor said, "One day, I'm not going to be here, either"...

Makes you stop and think and perhaps, care for others some more.

Very sorry to hear the news, it is never easy when something like this comes. Will say a prayer for you as well.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom.

My father died when I was 13, and my Mama raised me and my two younger sisters afterward. She wouldn't re-marry because she had a bad step-father and didn't want her kids to potentially go through that. She was a wonderful mother and we all turned out to be good kids. I lost her in October, 2015. I still miss her very much.

She would have been 95 the fifteenth of this month. One of her sisters is still living and is 104.

What makes it harder is that we weren't expecting it. I knew she had trouble, but didn't know she was very, very sick.

To me, it's a strange feeling. Still crying a lot of times.

Hi Red_Rattler.

When my mother passed away in 2006 there were all kinds of feelings and thoughts went through my head and my very Soul. I'm certain that it would be little different for yourself. Yes, even today those feelings are still there. But the knowledge of who she was and how much she loved me gives me strength.

These words helped enormously:- "Those who mourn shall be comforted". - An extra prayer just went up for you and your family.

Stay strong mate, we are all thinking of you.

Alex

Back