CSX Route Downloads and Sessions Install

Heinrich505

I found a CSX route in the DLS with TANE SP2. It looked interesting, and it had sessions that could be downloaded as well.

I downloaded the route and also 4 sessions. All downloaded correctly. I tried to access them in-game, but only had a quick drive session.

I am sure I am missing a step somewhere. How would I get the sessions to work with the route? I thought that by downloading them, they would be automatically attached to the CSX route. In-game I see the quick drive, and I can drive all around the route, but the sessions don't show.

I did a search of the forum but didn't come up with anything helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Heinrich505

leo655annst,
They are not open for edit. Should have checked that first...sorry, new at this game.

whitburncolliery,

Again, new at this. Yes, KUIDS would be helpful, so I am listing them now.

CSX Line KUID2:605579:100134:2 Author hiawathamr
CSX HTML for Freedom Session KUID2:605579:100137:2 Author hiawathamr
CSX HTML for Picking up loads session KUID2:605579:100140:2 Author hiawathamr
CSX HTML for Replac. Loads. session KUID2:605579:100141:2 Author hiawathamr

CSX Local KUID:107727:1200867464 Author chrisracer8903

The CSX Local appears to be a route and session in one, and that doesn't show up in the menu in game as well.

The ones by hiawathamr are all together. The CSX line is installed and really looks nice. I've driven it to explore. Just can't figure out how to make the sessions appear.

Thanks for any help on this.

Heinrich505

The config file of the sessions should have a map-kuid relating to the route eg < kuid2:605579:100134:2>.

Ghost,
The sessions don't have the route Kuid in their config file. They only have the Kuid that I posted.

Would I edit the config file of the sessions by adding the route Kuid? Not sure how to do that - somewhat of a technosaur - but I can follow directions. :)

Heinrich505

Ghost,
The sessions don't have the route Kuid in their config file. They only have the Kuid that I posted.

Would I edit the config file of the sessions by adding the route Kuid? Not sure how to do that - somewhat of a technosaur - but I can follow directions. :)

Heinrich505

You can do that, and it's necessary in some cases, but I'm not so sure it is for this case.

It appears you are downloading the CSX version of his Pioneer and Freedom route, which will need the related route to go along with them. If you have sessions without the route, these will show missing dependencies, or appear as faulty in your content. The ChrisRacer route is totally different than what the sessions are referring to so that route won't have any sessions associated with it that you have downloaded.

To ensure you have all the bits and parts, you might need to add additional categories in Content Manager. Right click on the columns and add in all the categories then sort them so that you have them like this: (I actually have mine setup this way).

Type, Status Asset ID, Build Version, Name, Author Name, File Size, Modified Date, Installation Date, Upload Date.

You can then resize the columns to fit as you'll find that status does need to be the full width and neither does File Size, etc.

With the columns like this, you'll be able to find Routes, sessions, sort by author, etc. much easier.

You can do that, and it's necessary in some cases, but I'm not so sure it is for this case.

It appears you are downloading the CSX version of his Pioneer and Freedom route, which will need the related route to go along with them. If you have sessions without the route, these will show missing dependencies, or appear as faulty in your content. The ChrisRacer route is totally different than what the sessions are referring to so that route won't have any sessions associated with it that you have downloaded.

To ensure you have all the bits and parts, you might need to add additional categories in Content Manager. Right click on the columns and add in all the categories then sort them so that you have them like this: (I actually have mine setup this way).

Type, Status Asset ID, Build Version, Name, Author Name, File Size, Modified Date, Installation Date, Upload Date.

You can then resize the columns to fit as you'll find that status does need to be the full width and neither does File Size, etc.

With the columns like this, you'll be able to find Routes, sessions, sort by author, etc. much easier.

Do you have doctorate in Trainz? :)

leo655annst,
CSX HTML for Freedom Session KUID2:605579:100137:2 Author hiawathamr
CSX HTML for Picking up loads session KUID2:605579:100140:2 Author hiawathamr
CSX HTML for Replac. Loads. session KUID2:605579:100141:2 Author hiawathamr
These 3 KUID are helper assets that are used by sessions but are not themselves sessions. You haven't downloaded any sessions yet just the route and some helper assets.

The CSX Local route on the Download Station states that these sessions are available for download

-CSXL Base Session
-CSXL Replacing Empties With Loads
-CSXL Picking up The Loads From Factories
-CSXL Freedom Session

When I check dependencies for the CSX Line, there are none missing. Looks like that is okay.

When I check dependencies for the 3 sessions, none are listed. There is 1 warning for each one that shows paintshed template obsolete - the same warning in each of the 3 sessions.

I have a boatload of faulty stuff listed, but the CSX Line and the sessions are not showing under faulty. I'm kind of at a loss on this. The route and the sessions all show downloaded and installed. But, there is a disconnect somewhere.

Yes, the other one by chrisracer is unrelated, but that also shows downloaded and installed. That has a faulty NS Fosteria listing, kuid 107727:1200867456 , so likely that is messing things up for that. I tried to revert it to original but no go. When I pull up dependencies, all are shown as downloaded properly or modified - nothing listed as faulty. Strange.

Yes, I see that listed under CSXL, there are downloads. I didn't see them until you pointed them out. I had only been searching under CSX.

Okay, I'll download them and see what happens. Any idea why an L would be added to the CSX? All the things I downloaded before were only listed to CSX.

Sheesh, so much to learn. This learning curve is serious. :eek:

My guess as to why the author called them CSXL is because they shortened the route name "CSX Local" to be "CSXL" and then added the rest of the session name.

I would also follow John's advice about Content Manager and get to grips with that as I found it helped me a lot once I understood how to use it. And make use of its' custom filters to create lists of routes/locos etc on the Download Station that interest you. I have create filter lists of assets by favourite authors or by type.

Last edited:
Okay, so having downloaded the CSXL items, I have been able to play one of the sessions, picking up loads from the factories.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right directions. There are so many subtleties involved in all this. I appreciate all the help and directions. It makes a difference.

And yes, I've set up my Content Manager as John suggested.

Now if I could only figure out how to fix all the faulty downloads for many engines...:(

Thanks again all.

Heinrich505

Okay, so having downloaded the CSXL items, I have been able to play one of the sessions, picking up loads from the factories.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right directions. There are so many subtleties involved in all this. I appreciate all the help and directions. It makes a difference.

And yes, I've set up my Content Manager as John suggested.

Now if I could only figure out how to fix all the faulty downloads for many engines...:(

Thanks again all.

Heinrich505

I'm glad you've got the CSXL-thing sorted out.

Setting up Content Manger as I recommended will help you with asset repairs and searching for missing dependencies.
If you need help with repairs, post the errors in a separate thread, and we can help you. A lot of them are pretty straight forward and can be fixed easily once you've got the toolbox with the tools and the user-guide to help you. In many cases, you'll find that fixing one issue solves many, and the same fix can be applied to a bunch of assets, but like anything this takes a bit of experience and knowing what to do which can appear a bit overwhelming at first. I will say the only things we can't repair ourselves is broken scripts and mesh problems, but everything else is usually repairable.

Thanks for the encouragement John.

I think a great many of the faulty engine items are simply because they don't work with TANE SP2. I see many warnings and errors for some DLC when I download them. Some are really cool things but I'm pretty sure I'll not get them working.

I'll try posting in separate threads but I hate to be the guy that suddenly appears on the forums and then keeps asking for help all the time, haha. This is such a neat simulation and I'm sorry I didn't get into it sooner.

Heinrich505

Thanks for the encouragement John.

I think a great many of the faulty engine items are simply because they don't work with TANE SP2. I see many warnings and errors for some DLC when I download them. Some are really cool things but I'm pretty sure I'll not get them working.

I'll try posting in separate threads but I hate to be the guy that suddenly appears on the forums and then keeps asking for help all the time, haha. This is such a neat simulation and I'm sorry I didn't get into it sooner.

Heinrich505

No worries, that's what we're here for - encouragement and answering questions. :)

You can ignore warnings since they are just that, warnings related to older versions not being supporting the newer features. These assets load and will work error free (not red in Content Manager) if they meet the specifications that they are supposed to. In other words assets with build 2.9 will show a warning, but will work fine, though not with the new features of the latest assets. This is true of 1.3, and even 2.0 assets.

One of things that helped me with errors, is to pare down the list to show only faulty assets instead of missing dependencies and faulty dependencies. Click on Faulty then on that arrow next to the word to expand the filter. I then removed the OR, Missing Dependencies and the OR, Faulty Dependencies from the list. I saved that as Faulty - only. It's easier to see what's faulty-only rather than have the other stuff too, which in some cases is one in the same but in multiple ways of saying the same thing. I repeated this for Missing dependencies, but didn't bother with faulty-dependencies because if the asset is faulty it's been fixed so there shouldn't be a faulty dependency!

In general what I do is check for out-of-date assets first whenever I start up T:ANE. I then download updated content, check for errors, then load up my obsolete and NOT built-in filter to see what can be removed. After that check, I then download new stuff I find interesting, and then check for faulty assets again. It's a multi-step process, but it keeps my content clean and pretty much error free most of the time.

I didn't know that about the warnings. I thought everything was messed up, warnings and errors weighed the same.

I tend to spend more time in content manager than with the game itself. But, unlike you, much of my time there is dealing with frustrations. Ugh.

Pretty neat hobby though.

Back