Version updates

Fallnflag

When updating existing assets with a new version, if i understand the process, an new version go into the old folder with the new KUID version number.

My question is, while running an existing saved session, upon starting, I get an warning window saying KUID XX..... has been updated or change and may not work in the existing session. (something about red and white aurora [something about lights???]).
What should I do when I get this messages like this?

I believe I could just restart session from the being, but after putting in an hour or so in to the session I don't want to start over.

Is there a way to update my existing save session with the new versions of the asset, or just take my chances that this current session will work.

Thanks
Don

My question is, while running an existing saved session, upon starting, I get an warning window saying KUID XX..... has been updated or change and may not work in the existing session. (something about red and white aurora [something about lights???]).
What should I do when I get this messages like this?

From your description of that message it usually means that your computer crashed, or was not shut down correctly or TANE was not terminated correctly during a previous Surveyor/Driver session.

If that is the case, then you should be given the choice of continuing with the currently loaded (and possibly faulty) session or loading the last TANE automatically made backup. These backups are made several times per day. You can control exactly how many times per day and for how many days they are kept in the TANE Launcher --> Trainz Settings --> Dev tab where you will be able to set the number - "7" (for example) will keep the last 7 backups made each day for the last 7 days, "3" will keep the last 3 made each day for the last 3 days, etc. If you are doing route/session development work then 7 would be a good choice. If all you are doing is using Driver then "3" or less would be suitable.

If this is not the case, and I am not sure what the reference to the "red and white aurora" (which is about lights - but possibly "corona") means, so there could be something completely different going on here.

My thoughts only.

Last edited:
an new version go into the old folder with the new KUID version number.

That sounds wrong, just use CM to "Make new version" so you end up with 2 things in CM, one obsolete the other the new one that you make your changes in.

Another possible cause of that message is editing the route and/or session after a Driver game has been saved and then restarting the same Driver game.

A worse case example of this, but one that does happen to inexperienced Trainz users, would be if you save a Driver game and exit Driver into Surveyor. Then edit the route by moving or removing a section of track that happens to contain an active consist in the saved Driver game. If you reload and restart that same Driver game what happens to that consist? Hence the warning "has been updated or changed". Prior to TANE, the saved Driver games were completely independent of the current Surveyor route/session so this would not have been a problem but the cost was the space needed to store a complete copy of the route and session with every saved game.

A simple update, such as a new version of an asset in the route/session being installed with a new kuid, will not cause an error message on reloading. Otherwise it would happen everytime an update occurs.

Last edited:
thanks

pware;1657882 "red and white aurora" (which is about lights - but possibly "corona") means said:
I think this was some sort of lighting enhancement fix or update don'[t remember.

Appreciate the reply
Son

Back