N&W Signals

There is a thread somewhere, you may have to go to his profile and find his post. I can help also, first off you need to name the signals for them to recognize each other, I believe TANE automatically names signals, it doesn't matter what they are called. You basically have to tell each signal to look for the next signal down the line, I always use advanced setup, it will allow multiple signals to be recognized i.e. signal A is right down the line so the aspect should be normal, signal B is the next facing signal after a switch so you set the path accordingly...i.e.if it is a medium speed crossover the path is medium, if it is a short switch the aspect would be slow, if it is an unsignalled siding or a yard the indication would be restricting. I hope this makes sense.

There are other options that I can explain if need be, but really they don't need to be considered for most applications.

Just to clarify, you don't need to give every signal a name, just the signal beyond the interlocking, and even then, only when using the "Advanced" mode. That being said, it's probably good form to name each one as signals serve as milepost markers on real railroads, and naming them will cause them to appear in the minimap.

Also, I believe the half-bridges you are referring to are called cantilever bridges. There are a few on the DLS by b9--kiwi and jjslll54 that would work, though you'd probably want to use the catenary/gantry version of my signals for that.

@jordon-The reason there are no left-hand signals because AFAIK the N&W didn't use left-hand signals, at least not often. If you know of any, I'll upload a modified version for left-hand running.

I could use some 3 head signals because I have places on the route that uses them. I know nothing about signals, so I don't even hardly know where to start. I tried to use seniorchief cantilever bridges, but it sets a little low for your signals. Does the other ones you suggested work with your Signals? Thanks for any help because IM going to need it.

One of thejjslll54 cantilevers is a scenery object, JJS Cantilever Tower,<kuid:46819:28011> You can just drop the height a little.

40338183991_948023377b_b.jpg

Back