Sessions for Santa Fe, Needles District

Don,
I looked at the route kuids and the only thing I see is Kuid:336419:1091 that says "not active"
It is for a black switch machine, could this be my issue?
On session 1.1 i have all the yard switchs but when I move out to the mainline to couple the gondolas to the train
there are not switch signals showing and I derail everytime.
Regards Kent

Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. From my Content Manager the kuid is:

<kuid:336419:1091> US&S M-23 Switch Machine, Black

And it's status is "Modified, Payware". I check the mainline switches in the route and, yes, they are the US&S M-23 Switch Machine, Black. I also looks at the dependants for this asset and they are:
<kuid2:109664:100020:10> Franklin Avenue Industrial
<kuid:109664:100003> Santa Fe, Needles District

The Franklin Avenue Industrial route is payware (yes, I bought it through N3V) so that is why the asset is active in T:ANE for me.

The asset is mentioned in this thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...edles-Missing-Deps&highlight=kuid:336419:1091

I went to the SoCalTrain site but couldn't find the asset there no matter where I went in the site.

This thread also talks about this asset (understatement of the year): https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...s-Payware-inactive&highlight=kuid:336419:1091

Again, I went to the site in one of the post but found that the page not available. So I went to the home page: https://n8phu.wordpress.com/
and did a search with no result. The final post in the thread from the frustrated creator of the asset is rather interesting and might explain why I couldn't find it on that site or any site for that matter. NOT COMPLAINING! Just fact.

Anyway, I'm at a loss at what you can do except use the search function in the forums and insert, kuid:336419:1091, and see what you get to help you out.

Maybe someone else can help. Or maybe everyone is sick of beating the dead horse.

On a side note: Maybe I should have researched the route on the forums and realized that there were going to be a group of users that weren't going to be able to run the sessions. I would have then had to make the decision whether or not to even take the time (we're talking many hours of development and testing) to design the sessions. My mistake. Live and learn.

Actually, it's kind of sad that this nice little route is getting beat up so much.

Take care,

Thanks Don. Man these guys went crazy, LOL.
Can I just replace the asset with another switch machine?
As I said the yard switches work fine it is just the mainline that does not. I am wondering if I could just insert them in place of the "non- active" one?
Kent

As I said the yard switches work fine it is just the mainline that does not. I am wondering if I could just insert them in place of the "non- active" one?
Kent

Kent, I was think about just that and will work through it and post what you'll need to do to make sure you (or anyone for that matter) don't violate licenses, etc.

Standby!

Kent

Ha! I had this great plan to have you replace the switches with a simple method and then, during my walk a bit ago, I realized, no, the “simple method” most probably wouldn’t work.

BUT, if you’re willing to work a bit you’ll find out pretty quick whether the “simple method” will work to replace the switches or the tedious method will be needed.

With the original highlighted in the Content Manager, opening for edit the config.txt file and you will see this at the end of the description the license “ . . . The Santa Fe Needles District may not be redistributed or modified and redistributed in any way without proper permission. “ To me this means the license allows you can modify the route all you want FOR YOU’RE PERSONAL USE ONLY. You cannot distribute (upload) it to, well, anywhere. Simple as that. After reviewing the license, close the config file and then “Revert to Original” the route so you’re not working on this route.

Now, let’s get to it. First, clone the route. Remember, it’s always better to work on a copy of something in the program than the original so if everything goes south with all your great mods to the clone all you have to do is delete the mess and start over. When you clone the route in Content Manager, the route clone will be “Open for Edit”. Go to the new route, open the config.txt file and, edit the username. Change it to something like, “Modified Santa Fe, Needles District” or whatever so your can identify the cloned route in the “Select Route” list in the game. Sounds simple but you need to do this immediately so you’re don’t accidently modify the original route. After changing the name, save the config file and “Submit Edits” to the cloned route. Now go to the game and you’ll see the cloned route in the “Select Route” list.

Now we’ll find out quick if you’ll be able to do the “simple method”. With the cloned route selected in the list, click on “Edit Route” and the route will be opened for edit in Surveyor. When it’s open, click on “Tracks” on the left and then “Trackside mode” at the top of the window that opened. In the Trackside mode, click on the “Get object” in the lower left of the window. Then try to click on a mainline switch. I’m betting that you won’t find anything to “get”. Obviously, when I do this, I come up with “US&S M-23 Switch Machine, Black” for which you’re having problems. If by some miracle you do see this asset come up you can do the simple method of replacing the switches by using “Bulk asset update/replace” which is under the “Main Menu”.

I’m betting the miracle doesn’t happen so you’ll have to go with the tedious method which is, in the cloned route, adding a switch to every one of the junctions which don’t have one in the route. You can pick any switch you want for the placement because it’s your modification and won’t ever be distributed. So if you’re willing to spend the time adding switches, have at it.

When you add a switch and it’s placed correctly, you’ll see both the red and green arrows. If the switch is incorrectly placed both arrows will be red. If the switch is incorrectly placed, change from “Add object” to “Move object” and move the switch back and forth on track until you see the red and green arrow. If you’ve done this before, sorry for over doing the explanation but I’m also doing this with an eye for some people that have never done any route editing before.

If you decide to add all the switches, get back me in this thread and I’ll lead you through getting my sessions over to the new route.

Take care and good luck,

Thanks Don. I am going to give it a try. This is a great little route.
You have my word, This will NEVER be distributed or posted anywhere.
Thanks Kent

Thanks Don. I am going to give it a try. This is a great little route.
You have my word, This will NEVER be distributed or posted anywhere.
Thanks Kent
Ok, good deal. One thing I forgot to mention is that after you have cloned the route, you'll probably want to delete the offending asset to make sure there isn't any conflict.

Question: Does the original route show "faulty" in the Content Manager because of the "non-active" asset?

Take care and good luck,

Bumping this thread because on the first page someone listed some assets that had one unique KUID in the list. That was this KUID: <kuid2:45324:300016:1>
by norfolksouthern37. I am looking for this KUID as well as <kuid2:45324:300119:1>. Does anyone know if these assets are available somewhere or what they may be? Thanks in advance!

Bumping this thread because on the first page someone listed some assets that had one unique KUID in the list. That was this KUID: <kuid2:45324:300016:1>
by norfolksouthern37. I am looking for this KUID as well as <kuid2:45324:300119:1>. Does anyone know if these assets are available somewhere or what they may be? Thanks in advance!
Forester1, Here is what my CM has: <kuid2:45324:300016:1> UTLX 23000 gal Funnel-Flow tank car . . . and it's listed as Payware. I don't have any idea with what route or when I purchased it.

And I don't have <kuid2:45324:300119:1> as an asset so I don't know where it would be.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Take care,

Back