Signal that lets trains pass through to an unsignalled Line

ManyTone

Does anyone know of a type of signal that will allow an AI or other train to pass it to get to an unsignalled line.
I have part of my US/Canadian layout signaled but when AI trains get to the last signal they won't pass on to the unsignalled track as the signal stays red. Is there a way to get these trains to pass through my last signal onto the unsignalled track?
Thanks for any insight into how this can be accomplished.

There are 3 "Signal Thingy" which are used for balloon loops (I think you need to place 3 of them in a loop)

"Invisible Signal" is a blue one, and I use it allot

"Permissive double head invisible signal"

I also use invisible speedboards by biddle

Use invisible signals to signal the line. The AI will see them and work just as they do on signaled track, but we won't see them in driver.

The Many Mountain Railroad staff and management would like to thank the cascaderailroad for sharing their highly secret signal tricks ;-)
The mail can now pass through.

The Permissive double head invisible signal seems to do the trick.

Can I ask what would be the purpose of invisible speedboards?

Thanks a bunch again!!!!
Paul

Can I ask what would be the purpose of invisible speedboards?

Thanks a bunch again!!!!
Paul
It changes the allowed speed limit without the actual visible speed sign cluttering the scene. My opinion is these are great for tight interlockings, yards, and turnouts where a visible speed sign sits in the middle of the other rails.

If it is a dead end line, possibly laying a balloon loop of "BNSF Invisatrack" at the end of the line, using several "Invisible Signal" and "Signal Thingy" will allow the last RED signal in front of the un-signaled line to clear

Thanks for all the insight guys. It has helped to get some trains moving.
After a bit of experimenting I can get trains to pass to an unsignalled line by placing a Permissive double head invisible signal. But the AI Trainz will only travel at half the posted speed.
I can't figure out how to get them to travel at proper speed limits. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Paul

Thanks for all the insight guys. It has helped to get some trains moving.
After a bit of experimenting I can get trains to pass to an unsignalled line by placing a Permissive double head invisible signal. But the AI Trainz will only travel at half the posted speed.
I can't figure out how to get them to travel at proper speed limits. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Paul
I do not think there is a way. AI always goes 50% the speed limit when passing a yellow. (permissives show a red lens when the track ahead is unsignaled/blocked etc but are read as a caution to the game codes.) A back door "trick" to this would be use an invisable speed limit asset at the permissive sig set to twice the desired speed of travel.

Thanks maruffijd
I did try that trick earlier but could only find an invisible speed sign that was for 70mph. I will have to see about finding one for 100 mph.
Could be a work around.
Paul

Last edited:
The other way is to signal it all the way as you would normally, except using invisible signals. If you do this then the AI will travel at normal speed the whole length. I know this isn't prototypical, but having to deal with AI-driven trains isn't either!

There is one thing though which might be biting you right now. If there is a junction set anywhere along the line that's opposing your AI-driven train's path, the AI will run at caution the length then flip the switch and continue on at full speed. I've had that happen more than once and wondered why the AI were traveling at 30 mph instead of 65 mph on the mainline.

There are other invisible track speed signs up to 120 mph I think and they're even built-in if I remember correctly.

Back