hostthenpost is not working

The issue has been known for a few days (there's at least one other thread about it) - not sure what the issue is but there's a good chance the site is gone.

Shane

I have access to both. I'm just trying to figure out which one is best to show screenshots.

Last year another poster tried Google as a hosting service after Photobucket went subscription only and it failed. Basically, the image was only available on other web servers, such as forums, for a few hours before the link no longer worked. Google had obviously decided that they did not want their servers being used by everyone else, particularly commercial interests such as online stores, etc as a cheap hosting service.

Last year another poster tried Google as a hosting service after Photobucket went subscription only and it failed. Basically, the image was only available on other web servers, such as forums, for a few hours before the link no longer worked. Google had obviously decided that they did not want their servers being used by everyone else, particularly commercial interests such as online stores, etc as a cheap hosting service.

Ah! I'm glad I asked. Any other suggestions? Do you know about the site that davesnow suggested?

Ah! I'm glad I asked. Any other suggestions? Do you know about the site that davesnow suggested?

Don't know which one Dave uses. You could try viewing one of his more recent posts that contains an image and accessing the image properties to discover its host service.

I use Postimage.org but after the fiasco with Photobucket last year, I now keep my image postings to a minimum.

Don't know which one Dave uses. You could try viewing one of his more recent posts that contains an image and accessing the image properties to discover its host service.

I use Postimage.org but after the fiasco with Photobucket last year, I now keep my image postings to a minimum.

Yes, that is the same site Dave mentioned in an earlier post. I will look into it.

Last edited:

Thanks Dave, Here's a test shot:

Sub_House6_Replacement_Scene.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Seems to work in a similar way to HTP, I'll go with it.

Mick

Last edited:
Yikes! postimage.org is loaded down with pop-ups and ads. some for images of girls. My anti-malware software went nuts.

Bill

I just logged into my Postimage account and also checked my posting in these forums with screenshots hosted on PostImage - no ads, no popups, no malware

Back