Project Suggestions

I use Bing in the image area and I'll fallow all the different suggestions always opening in a new tap so i can go backwards. I'll ask for plan, drawing, stuff like that.

I used to use Bing search as well, but the results usually ended up the same or less search hits then Google.

Speaking of search hit results, has anybody ever come up with a model railroad track diagram that would be an interesting subject to model?

Last edited:
Speaking of search hit results, has anybody ever come up with a model railroad track diagram that would be an interesting subject to model?

Just input model railway (or railroad) track plans into Google and you should bring up loads.

A few will be Scarm type plans and there's a bit of pinterest click bait, then you can always refine your search a bit more. For example prefix with "Large American" or "HO Scale" to filter the results.

Be aware though the big companies like Kalmbach and Peco rigorously protect their copyright and you will find few of their plans around the net. You could of course support your local model retailer and buy a couple of plan books which you can then scan for your own personal use and library.

Just input model railway (or railroad) track plans into Google and you should bring up loads.

A few will be Scarm type plans and there's a bit of pinterest click bait, then you can always refine your search a bit more. For example prefix with "Large American" or "HO Scale" to filter the results.

Be aware though the big companies like Kalmbach and Peco rigorously protect their copyright and you will find few of their plans around the net. You could of course support your local model retailer and buy a couple of plan books which you can then scan for your own personal use and library.

Thanks for the information. I've been searching but so far I only found one track diagram that I like. Many track diagrams seem to be to basic of a design for it to be re-created in Trainz. Still looking though.

I went through all my old Model Railroader mags a while back and found quite a few interesting layouts. MR seems to offer a free plan on their website from time to time so that could be an option without having to buy a plan.

Here is the suggested track diagram.
Plan_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This has enough track detail without being overwhelming. It has bridges, tunnels, industrial spurs and even some road crossings. The only thing I think I would change is the overall size. I would add more spacing between the track levels...if that can be done.

So I was thinking of sticking with the track diagram I posted in my last post. Since I've been out of the Trainz info loop for a while and forgotten a lot...Is there a way to scale this diagram an place it in Trainz?

Today I tried Basemapz a was semi- successful. The image i used did import into the Tane at the right scale however The picture lost a lot of detail. Did I do something wrong? Is there any way to fix this.
Here is the in game image. Compare that with the original image that I posted in a #48 post.

Back