Screenshot of The Week: February 8 to February 15 2018 (Historic ROW)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Diamonds may be forever, but the trains that carry them sometimes aren't. Trains leave behind a lasting legacy even after they're gone, often shaping the landscape and city around them. This week's theme is Historic Right-Of-Way. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on February 15.

Scotsgap Station

Scotsgap-was-located-on-the-line-between-Morpeth-and-Reedsmouth-and-was-the-junction-for-the-branch-line-of-the-Northumberland-Railway-to-Ro.jpg

Scotsgap was located on the line between Morpeth and Reedsmouth and was the junction for the branch line of the Northumberland Railway to Rothbury.

Originally built as part of the Hetch Hetchy and Yosemite Valleys Railway, the mainline of the West Side Lumber Company was used until 1961. Here we see an empty log train making its way into the woods at Camp 8, originally built as a construction camp called Nashton in 1899.

Railfanning the abandoned branch at North Point Station

A dad and his sons walk along the abandoned right of way near the station at North Point. The station was once a main stop along what is now the Catskill and Northern Railway. Local leaders hope to make it a stop again with some recently acquired funding from New York State.

Historical-railfanning.jpg

The old narrow gauge line through the castle grounds had been abandoned, now a preservation society has taken over the historic right of way and now operates regular services on the line.

Using-the-newly-restored-historic-right-of-way-through-the-castle-grounds.jpg

WPCalif_Zephyr.jpg

Western Pacific F3 No. 802 leads the California Zephyr Back West out of Oroville, CA. Here, the train can be seen crossing the Feather River for the first time on its journey through the Canyon. To the left, the old Western Pacific Main can be seen, which used to cross the river about a mile northeast from this Location.

Submissions are now closed. There are 7 entries so please vote for 1. Voting ends February 23; please post your votes below.

deadpoolmx55

Honorable mention to whamm0. I have to say that I'm impressed by the level of visual quality that's being obtained in T:ANE these days. A lot of the modern SpeedTrees I'm seeing look very nice, and the scenery shadows alone are a major improvement. Between that and the recent Durango & Silverton route, if I had the hardware to run it (and run it well) I'd be hopping on the T:ANE bandwagon without hesitation.

Thanks Retro. TANE is definitely nice, but is a resource hog for sure. Hopefully Trainz Next (or whatever it will be called) will be better optimized for normal systems, not just high end graphics work stations.

Back