Hump yard in T:ANE

kurby

Has anyone been able to get a hump yard working in T:ANE? I am thinking about making a fully AI fictitious route and need 2 hump yards. So far not been about to find anything post Trainz 2006, which is kind of old.

I like,

On the DLS
<kuid:439337:100942> Watseka & Kankakee Railroad
<kuid2:203554:100102:4> Norfolk Southern Yard Module
<kuid:95512:100747> UMR-2018
<kuid:73500:100013> Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route (Edit, sorry not on the dls link is in a post below)
<kuid:682163:100691> Nickel Plate Road High Speed Mainline

Payware
<kuid2:515942:100056:10> Fall Harvest - Nebraska
<kuid:72938:100078> UltraScenery Hump Yard Module (Payware) - Personal Use Only (no longer available)

The Norfolk Southern Yard Module by escd84 is a plug and play solution you might want to try.

Last edited:
I make my own humps. Take notice that in TS12 I was not able to push a car over the hump and have it roll down the slope. Looks like car brakes are applied as soon as the loco is uncoupled (or other cars). But now here comes TANE!, and cars roll down with just a push! It has been a great improvement adding satisfaction to the way things are nowadays. Making a hump is very easy, and you can use all your knowledge and imagination to make it work closely to a realistic operation.

I made a hump yard in TRS2006, and it had a hump only a few feet high, with only 150' long downhill rolling gradient of -0.20%

As I like the look of slow rolling railcars, coasting at speeds of 5-10 mph ... after the hump, my remaining hump yard classification bowl tracks rolling downhill gradient was -0.02% (as that numeral is the minimum gradient % needed to keep a Trainz railcar rolling)

I used the at least 6 Pink "Speed Retarders" near the end per yard bowl track ... and set only the last 2 of them at the end of the yard with a setting of "Bring To A Halt"

I used the Hump Yard Kit on TPR, and railcars uncouple one by one, at extremely slow speeds of 3 mph at the hump pin pullers uncoupling lever location

Most people make a hugely high 20' hump, with railcars rolling downhill at breakneck speeds, (which would cause a derailment in real life)

I can coast around my hump yard 0.02% downhill throat all day long, setting dozens of switch lever directions

Ever since "Cubby" went belly up ... I have no way to redistribute my "ALCO Land Hump Yard" to others, than by using SKYPE (I can send it to anyone who PM's me, that wants it)

It holds @ 8000 railcars, and thousands of locos

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, will look for them and try them out.
Did a quick check, could not find: <kuid:73500:100013> Baltimore to Cumberland Mega Route on DLS.

Where on the map is the hump yard? Was looking for it, can not seem to find it. Is there a track marker, or something I can do a find on?

Also I am getting an error saying it can not find the dependancy kuid2:124017:26042:3 Does anyone know what this is?

Last edited:
Do the humps you make automatically sort the cars or are you manually throwing the switchs? I am curious as to how to set up the automatic switching of the cars are the roll into the yard below the hump.

I make my own humps. Take notice that in TS12 I was not able to push a car over the hump and have it roll down the slope. Looks like car brakes are applied as soon as the loco is uncoupled (or other cars). But now here comes TANE!, and cars roll down with just a push! It has been a great improvement adding satisfaction to the way things are nowadays. Making a hump is very easy, and you can use all your knowledge and imagination to make it work closely to a realistic operation.

Take notice that in TS12 I was not able to push a car over the hump and have it roll down the slope. Looks like car brakes are applied as soon as the loco is uncoupled (or other cars). But now here comes TANE!, and cars roll down with just a push! It has been a great improvement adding satisfaction to the way things are nowadays. Making a hump is very easy, and you can use all your knowledge and imagination to make it work closely to a realistic operation.

Did TS10 have this bug of "Non Rolling" kicked railcars ?

Does TS12 still have this bug of "Non Rolling" kicked railcars ?
Wasn't that fixed in a SP ?
Was TS12 simply abandoned, left broken by N3V, and left with non-rolling, non-kickable railcars ?

I was always amazed how in TRS2006, you could just hit uncouple on a hill, and the railcar would free-roll down even a gradient as small as -0.02%

As far as an automatic sorting feature, there may be several complicated ones ... I prefer to sit way down on the hump gradient yard ladder, and select turnouts, throwing them one by one

Last edited:
Good morning....
I am assuming you are the creater of the route "Smithville Classification Yard" I got the route, added some rolling stock to it. The only way it looks like I can kick the cars is by manually decoupling them, and manually stopping the train, repeat until all the cars are kicked. Did you have a way to automatically kick the cars are the train goes over the hump?

This is in T:ANE SP2

Hi

No I'm afraid it isn't and, as it's built in TS10, I don't think it would be allowed to be uploaded to the DLS anyway.

Regards

Brian

I've been testing the Norfolk Southern Yard Module in TANE and it does kick cars automatically. There seem to be other problems with the route but the hump yard works, at least in a random, automatic mode.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

See this thread https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?142701-Routes-for-the-DLS

and this video https://youtu.be/RwP2sSOC928

View from the control room, you can't really do anything from here but it is kinda mesmerizing watching.

Last edited:
Back