My Trainz 2010 crashed when i open [windows 10]

Welcome Edi2003 to the Trainz forums.

TS2010 runs fine under Windows 10 if you do the following:

1) Run as administrator.

2) Ensure you have DirectX 9 installed.

You can download that from here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Once installed:

Ensure you are connected to the internet and you have put in your user details in Content Manager, and in TS2010.
You have registered your software by adding the serial number to your My Trainz account.

Last edited:
Are you sure you've got the right link there John? That seems to be the 2006 version.

Shane

Checking...

Updated my post above. Microsoft is going through great steps to hide this information from users now. DX9 is old and they're pushing DX12 which is missing the contents.

Last edited:
Indeed - AFAIK my automated download tool has the right direct link unless that's changed.

Shane

I would check your link to ensure it's right. Microsoft has made quite number of changes to their website recently, which are totally unhelpful and very confusing. The web people must've hired someone's nephew with no experience to do this! :)

I've just tested it and it seems to still be functioning as it's supposed to. As I've already got DX9c installed though it's hard to check exactly which version of the redistributable it handles (it's set to use the June 2010/April 2011 one).

Shane

I've just tested it and it seems to still be functioning as it's supposed to. As I've already got DX9c installed though it's hard to check exactly which version of the redistributable it handles (it's set to use the June 2010/April 2011 one).

Shane

Good to know the link still works. I can't test it either due to the same issue. If users have Steam, the redistributable is included with their games.

Welcome Edi2003 to the Trainz forums.

TS2010 runs fine under Windows 10 if you do the following:

1) Run as administrator.

2) Ensure you have DirectX 9 installed.

You can download that from here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Once installed:

Ensure you are connected to the internet and you have put in your user details in Content Manager, and in TS2010.
You have registered your software by adding the serial number to your My Trainz account.
I will try. Thank you so much

It looks like you may have two separate MyTrainz accounts - that can confuse things as well. Helpdesk are able to merge them if you do have more than one if requested.

Shane

Back