How would I be able to delete duplicate track markers?

KingOrgana

Please move this if this kind of question does not belong here (I could not find a section regarding help), but as I was editing my track, I accidentally deleted one of the pieces of track that I lay down (and I thought the track marker would as well). However, when I search said track marker in object finder, duplicates show up with the "deleted" one being invisible as well as inaccessible (as I have no way to delete the invisible one). Did I screw myself over or is there a way to circumvent this?

Please move this if this kind of question does not belong here (I could not find a section regarding help), but as I was editing my track, I accidentally deleted one of the pieces of track that I lay down (and I thought the track marker would as well). However, when I search said track marker in object finder, duplicates show up with the "deleted" one being invisible as well as inaccessible (as I have no way to delete the invisible one). Did I screw myself over or is there a way to circumvent this?

You may well find that one trackmark could have been placed in a different 'Layer' and may be checked as 'hidden' or 'locked'.

Press F6 or click on Layer Tab and you'll see Route Layers and Session Layers. The first button for each is a 'hide/unhide' facility. The second button is 'lock/unlock' facility.

Test it out to see if the invisible trackmark becomes visible.

Cheers,

Roy

You may well find that one trackmark could have been placed in a different 'Layer' and may be checked as 'hidden' or 'locked'.

Press F6 or click on Layer Tab and you'll see Route Layers and Session Layers. The first button for each is a 'hide/unhide' facility. The second button is 'lock/unlock' facility.

Test it out to see if the invisible trackmark becomes visible.

Cheers,

Roy

Well, I tried that, and no luck, likely because I have one of each type of layer.
Any other suggestions, by chance?

Hi KingOrgana. You should normally have one of each type of layer/

I have the same problem - seems to be a new issue for the latest Hotfix as I have not seen it before.

I have no layers other than the one Route layer and the one Session layer so it should not be a layer problem.

The problem arose during a bulk asset replacement of some track. Numerous junction levers disappeared but their names are still in the object list and cannot be deleted. I added replacements with the same name but that causes other problems!!
I would certainly like to be able to delete the disappeared objects as the still visible ones with the same name are used in a number of sessions and it would be a pain to have to modify them.

Any advice most welcome . . .

This appeared in the update but is fixed in the latest beta. If you have the latest beta open the route in edit and then delete missing assets. Save and they should be gone.

Back