Replacing "missing" track

SuperFudd

How does one replace "missing" track? I have downloaded a few routes that I was unable to find the track for. Instead there are two parallel dashed white lines that work as track. So I figure I could just select that "track" and replace it with another but I am unable to select or identify that " track " for the replacement process. I can delete it a section at a time and install track from vertex to vertex but that can take forever on a large route. How can I select that dashed line track for replacement?

I am surprised this is the first time it happens to you. Me, and several others have been fighting this "feature" of the program for too long now. As you say, the obvious way is to replace spline to spline for new track, and that is what I did when I got the problem. Time ago, Helpdesk told me that "there is no way to find what kind of missing asset is missing" with the built in tools we have. I hope someone has a better solution. Sorry and greetings.

This is most certainly not the first time. It is just the first time I have posed this question to this forum. This time it is because I downloaded the Yosemite Valley RR v1.0.
So there is no KUID for this non track track? BUMMER! :confused:

If you look up the dependencies for the route in CMP the kuid for the missing track should be there. Google it. If a working link doesn't turn up, then you're out of luck. Some sites don't post the kuid's for their items so it might be out there but Google can't find it by kuid number. In that case you should ask the route maker what the track is and if it is still available.

You're lucky. At least you have the lines of where to lay the track. I downloaded Jointed Rail's Christmas offer Brunswick Central Model Railroad and it didn't even have those lines on it. In spite of asking on the Jointed Rail sub-forum I had no useful response and I am still none the wiser as to what track I need or the detailed layout so it sits on my computer useless.

In spite of asking on the Jointed Rail sub-forum I had no useful response and I am still none the wiser as to what track I need or the detailed layout so it sits on my computer useless.

Google it [the missing kuid]. If a working link doesn't turn up, then you're out of luck.

This just reinforces my download philosophy. If it contains missing assets, I delete it. No Googling, no emailing, no postings in the "missing kuid" forums, I just delete it. Simples.

Hi Teddytoot (John)

The track you are looking for is <kuid:316:400062> RRTK Bridge Track, <kuid:156765:100182> Indigo Tunnel, <kuid2:45324:38028:1> JR NS 1.

Could you look and see is you have <kuid:178126:100094> or <kuid:76096:1025002>.

By the way CM will list the missing kuids and if someone will let you know what the kuids are you can take an installed item of the same type and change the kuid to match the missing asset. This will allow you to select it and replace it. A lot of work I know but sometimes worth it. I have a set of large stick pins I use for trees and houses and so on.

Thanks and hope this helps
Bob

Last edited:
I have made the assumtion that Trainz substitutes the dashed white lines "track" for any unknown track so, if I had the KUID for the
dashed white lines "track" I could replace it with the KUID of the track of my choice.

Last edited:
Hi Super,

I have had this issue a couple of times as well. It would make things a lot easier if what you suggest is possible.

Pware. I do the same thing for anything that has missing dependencies that are not on the DLS. Except for the occasional train car or locomotive, I stick to the download station for all my needs. I will not upload a route to the DLS that won't work because of some missing dependency I got on ABC website that may or may not be available anymore. I don't like dealing with missing dependencies and I won't subject others to that headache.

Jacob

I will not upload a route to the DLS that won't work because of some missing dependency I got on ABC website that may or may not be available anymore. I don't like dealing with missing dependencies and I won't subject others to that headache.

My thoughts exactly and I have the same reasons for avoiding assets with missing dependencies. It is unfortunate because I am sure that there are probably some great assets to be found on 3rd party sites.

Here's a procedure found in the old tech blogs, which I saved to my notes for future reference. It does work, or it did back when I used this method in TS12.

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

Hi Teddytoot (John)

The track you are looking for is <kuid:316:400062> RRTK Bridge Track, <kuid:156765:100182> Indigo Tunnel, <kuid2:45324:38028:1> JR NS 1.....

Could you look and see is you have <kuid:178126:100094> or <kuid:76096:1025002>.Thanks and hope this helps
Bob

I also haven't got those two. Thanks for the info on the track. I have the Indigo and RRTK track but can't find the JR track on their site. I assume it's part of a package. Do you know which one it is please. If it's payware I won't bother but try to lay track myself.

Re John's post above, if you have TANE the kuid is <kuid2:523:1124:2> so you will need to change it to <kuid2:523:1124:3>. Also you will have to use PEV's Image2tga program to convert the texture files, otherwise you will get an error.

This just reinforces my download philosophy. If it contains missing assets, I delete it. No Googling, no emailing, no postings in the "missing kuid" forums, I just delete it. Simples.

I do the same thing. If the creator won't take the time to include all assets or at least indicate what and where they may be found, I will have nothing to do with it.

So if a great route uses an unknown Russian track ... You immediately delete the route, being too lazy to go find it, or replace it ? OMG :eek:

The dependency packs are listed further down that webpage and appear to be downloadable without needing to buy the route.

Shane

Thanks Shane. Having seen the price I didn't bother to scroll down. The missing track was in one of the packages.

Back