Bad News (This NOT a quitting thread!)

VIA6415

Canaidan Route Builter
Good day follow trainz community members I got some disappointing news My PC has failed for the last time and after I payed 2k$ new for it and had the video card crap out twice on me now, it has lasted only 6 mouths and Ive said enofe is enofe and pulled the plug on thing I'm very angry about this and the it was a huge wast of money I got it to run Tane. At this point I wont be uploading anymore content or working on anymore or my Canadian route CAC that has been my key project for years. I'm sorry everyone there will not be any more updates and I'm not sure wend of if I'll get back into trainz after my PC wend on the lighter side it can be fixed but I don't feel like pumping money into a piece of junk that can't last a year. (feel like throwing it off my 3rd story deck to be 100% honest here)

I don't know wend I'll get the next update for the CAC done and I can still make models if I feel like if but for now I'm going to work on my large HO layout and forget about the PC for awhile I'll post videos for you all wend I can of the new layout on YouTube.

I'll get back into making content ones my head clears and I feel like doing it agen but for now I'm going on extended leave.
Lets party! who's bringing the beer?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your PC crapping out. Shouldn't it still be under warranty after 6 months? Anyway, hopefully you can eventually get it fixed and get back to Trainzing.
Cheers
Chuck

I can build a PC and install a OS I got the skills to do it all I need are the parts I'll just make something that will work.

Trying to be objective here. Instead of chucking it out the window why dont you take a step back and tell us what's wrong with it so that we can advise. 2K is not cheap and unless you got really ripped off your parts ought to be at least of decent brand and quality. Not to say you can't build a PC but there are potentially static electricity-related fatal mistakes you could've made especially in a cold and dry climate.

Last edited:
I can build a PC and install a OS I got the skills to do it all I need are the parts I'll just make something that will work.

Check www.newegg.com and other sources. The problem will be your Windows license, meaning you will need to purchase a copy of Windows for this new machine. If you look at the components carefully, you can price one out a lot less expensive than $2K.

I will warn you though that video cards and RAM have been going through the roof lately so this will be your biggest cost for your new machine.

If you don't have one, I highly recommend a UPS, aka uninterruptible power supply. It doesn't help with static, but it'll protect against surges, sages and power outages, which can also be deadly to computer equipment.

My PC i've had built for at least a year, and it's still holding strong. As for those prices you brought up about ram and such john, they went thru the roof because everyone is after the parts. I got my 1080 early 2017, and only paid $300 for it. My two 8gb DDR4 ram i got for around $30 mid 2017.

Every component of a PC has it's own warranty.

At least for a year, sometimes even longer.
Here in Holland to 3 years!

So claim your warranty!

Last edited:
My PC i've had built for at least a year, and it's still holding strong. As for those prices you brought up about ram and such john, they went thru the roof because everyone is after the parts. I got my 1080 early 2017, and only paid $300 for it. My two 8gb DDR4 ram i got for around $30 mid 2017.

Yup. My new RAM, that had to be replaced in pairs, cost me nearly $800 for the 64GB I had. My video card about $708 for my 1080Ti. Also expect SSDs to go up as well due to an ongoing material shortage at the chip fabrication plants, and the Bitcoin miners as they scoop up the components to build rigs to mine their cryptocurrency. The video cards are the most obvious when we look at the prices of video cards these days. What were once few hundred dollars or less are now going for twice that or more.

Hi everybody.
I have had my present PC since 2013 and it has not failed in all that time. It was fitted with a new graphics card approximately 2 years ago as an upgrade, but that is the only change that has been made.

It is true to say that although used continuously when new, it is only used for playing Trainz 10 these days as everything else is carried out on other devices. My belief for a long trouble-free life for a PC would be to keep a close eye on the temperature of the GPU and CPU ensuring they are always kept well below the manufacturers recommended limits. Along with the foregoing regularly clean the vents and heat sinks etc ensuring the continuous free movement of air throughout the system

As with all things electrical or mechanical, running at maximum over an extended period especially without regular maintenance always ends in failure and obviously in this case many tears.

Bill

Last edited:
Hi everybody.
I have had my present PC since 2013 and it has not failed in all that time. It was fitted with a new graphics card approximately 2 years ago as an upgrade, but that is the only change that has been made.

It is true to say that although used continuously when new, it is only used for playing Trainz 10 these days as everything else is carried out on other devices. My belief for a long trouble-free life for a PC would be to keep a close eye on the temperature of the GPU and CPU ensuring they are always kept well below the manufacturers recommended limits. Along with the foregoing regularly clean the vents and heat sinks etc ensuring the continuous free movement of air throughout the system

As with all things electrical or mechanical, running at maximum over an extended period especially without regular maintenance always ends in failure and obviously in this case many tears.

Bill

Probably of more importance is to run with a UPS to protect the PC against brown outs and power surges.

Cheerio John

Mine didn't cost a thing for it 'cause it was a Christmas present from my sister a couple years ago. However, I probably just jinxed myself and something will happen to it that'll cost me an arm and a leg.

unfortunately the warranty is void.

Why is the warranty void?

if the place where you bought the pc will definitely not honour the warranty and before you toss out the pc -
Does your pc start up at all? (cpu, power supply? The rest of the hardware could still be perfectly fine).
If it does, a temporary option is to activate the motherboard's onboard video if it has one. (the manual should say what key to use to get into the bios/tools), until you can figure out why the cards where failing.

Is there a reputable pc repairer you can go to for their opinion on the pc's health?

My PC has failed for the last time and after I payed 2k$ new for it and had the video card crap out twice on me now, it has lasted only 6 mouths and Ive said enofe is enofe and pulled the plug on thing I'm very angry about this and the it was a huge wast of money I got it to run Tane.
I don't feel like pumping money into a piece of junk that can't last a year. (feel like throwing it off my 3rd story deck to be 100% honest here).

I don't wish to sound skeptical, but somethings doesn't quite sound right here. All computer parts usually come with at least a 12 month warranty, so if your 2nd, six months old video card has failed, then it should be covered by the 12 month warranty on that video card.

Simple, just take it back to the original place where you brought it from, along with the receipt, and they should replace the video card that should still be under warranty. (they might test it first, or send it away to get tested, before they replace it)...

What's hard about that???

It would be very usual for a number of computer components to all fail at the same time, so it's unlikely to be a major drama. (unless there's been a major power surge go thru it, or some other catastrophic event has happened. "Like being dropped from a 3rd floor window").

As the saying goes; "Why throw out the actual bath, with the bath water"...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Allow me to clear up some comfusetion I did not toss the PC out I put it under my bed, I already spoken to the PC teck at work about PC he thinks its the video card, The screen shuts off for no reason at random I tyed reinstalling windows 6 times and checked the card its self it. Opening it up voided the warranty but i didn't mass with anything MSI are picky about stuff.

I may end up saving up and buying last years video card for it, other then that there's nothing wrong with the hardware or OS.
Tanks for all your info and support!

Last edited:
Ask around your friends to see if they have an older video card that you could borrow & install to confirm whether or not it is in fact the video card that's faulty.

(I was only pulling your chain when I mentioned the 3rd floor window)...

I hope that the problem is not to serious. Good luck in sorting it out.

Cheers, Mac...

I also recommend trying another power supply if you can lay your hands on / borrow one. They can appear to be working, but may not be delivering all of the feeds within the required tolerances. On an almost new build, I suddenly got boot failures that were reported as a memory issue, however that turned out to be the power supply. Quality brands are not exempt; mine was a Corsair 80+ gold unit. Luckily, these also come with a good warranty.

I been getting this error code a lot I googled it and did my research but nothings helped much. I looked at the cost of a new video card and its 230$ can for a new card of the same make far less then I thot.
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Back