Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SI3D is no longer a thing

Default SI3D is no longer a thing

As most of you have heard, SI3D finally quit. The reason being is someone reuploaded the 2009 and 2010 content on another site, and when SI3D finally took notice yesterday, they shut down the site. Today, the SI3D site is no more. After almost 10 years of Si3D (they started somewhere in 2009 from Skarloey123's video on the first year anniversery), we now sit without a main leader. Currently, everything for the community is up in the air, and it'll take a few years to rematch everything that one person's actions have lost to many, including myself. But, there is still SI3D Classic. The original site still stands due to being in control of Richard, and not Sean. I just thought i'd post this for those not well aware, and for those who questioned what exactly happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaboy14 View Post
    As most of you have heard, SI3D finally quit. The reason being is someone reuploaded the 2009 and 2010 content on another site, and when SI3D finally took notice yesterday, they shut down the site. Today, the SI3D site is no more. After almost 10 years of Si3D (they started somewhere in 2009 from Skarloey123's video on the first year anniversery), we now sit without a main leader. Currently, everything for the community is up in the air, and it'll take a few years to rematch everything that one person's actions have lost to many, including myself. But, there is still SI3D Classic. The original site still stands due to being in control of Richard, and not Sean. I just thought i'd post this for those not well aware, and for those who questioned what exactly happened.
    Aww drat, now the Thomas models are rare, except the ones on Sodor Workshops' website and the other TTTE websites

Blog Entries

Never been a Thomas fan but they rlly sucks.

Happens to often now, *COUGH* hhp-8 *COUGH*

In terms of Thomas in Trainz, you still make some fine content and so do others.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

What site was it?

Blog Entries

I don’t wanna go into details because this isn’t what the thread is for.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

Quote Originally Posted by ktain.ny View Post
    I don’t wanna go into details because this isn’t what the thread is for.
    Not that, the site the content was uploaded to which caused them to shut down

Unhappy

Very upset about this as I wanted the updated duck from this website.

Now as of today, the SI3D forums are gone. RIP SI3D: 2009 - 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by David412 View Post
    Technically my first time ever posting on these forums, but I'd like to throw out that I managed to grab it before they shut down.
    I know I'm late to the party, but I was wondering what had happened to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by David412 View Post
    How many Si3d's are there? as there's an updated duck on this one https://si3d.jimdo.com/locos/ no idea if it's the right one as don't do Thomas stuff.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    How many Si3d's are there? as there's an updated duck on this one https://si3d.jimdo.com/locos/ no idea if it's the right one as don't do Thomas stuff.
    Quite a lot, not all of the characters though

Theres SI3D Classic, which is the one you linked Clam, then theres SI3D 2009 that was ment for SI3D's 2009 range of content, the same one also hosted the 2010 and 2012 stuff, and Si3D.co.uk was for the 2012 and future content that was currently all in the works.

If I had to guess who did that which caused them to close down, I'd say Bill Vu, because you know what he does

Probly a good guess, but it looks to me like a revenge attack. I hope whoever is doing this gets caught.
    Content appreciator, railfan and freelance photographer.
    Formerly known as haddock56 & haddock57,
    now known as BNSF9812.

Quote Originally Posted by tbird8923 View Post
    If I had to guess who did that which caused them to close down, I'd say Bill Vu, because you know what he does
    Quote Originally Posted by BNSF9812 View Post
    Probly a good guess, but it looks to me like a revenge attack. I hope whoever is doing this gets caught.
    It was a user on deviantArt, from what I heard. He supposedly reuploaded some, if not all, of SI3D's older content, which the latter group even stated that redistribution of their content was not allowed, regardless of if it were older or newer.
    That's what I heard, anyway.