SI3D is no longer a thing

Zeldaboy14

Owner of ZPW.
As most of you have heard, SI3D finally quit. The reason being is someone reuploaded the 2009 and 2010 content on another site, and when SI3D finally took notice yesterday, they shut down the site. Today, the SI3D site is no more. After almost 10 years of Si3D (they started somewhere in 2009 from Skarloey123's video on the first year anniversery), we now sit without a main leader. Currently, everything for the community is up in the air, and it'll take a few years to rematch everything that one person's actions have lost to many, including myself. But, there is still SI3D Classic. The original site still stands due to being in control of Richard, and not Sean. I just thought i'd post this for those not well aware, and for those who questioned what exactly happened.

As most of you have heard, SI3D finally quit. The reason being is someone reuploaded the 2009 and 2010 content on another site, and when SI3D finally took notice yesterday, they shut down the site. Today, the SI3D site is no more. After almost 10 years of Si3D (they started somewhere in 2009 from Skarloey123's video on the first year anniversery), we now sit without a main leader. Currently, everything for the community is up in the air, and it'll take a few years to rematch everything that one person's actions have lost to many, including myself. But, there is still SI3D Classic. The original site still stands due to being in control of Richard, and not Sean. I just thought i'd post this for those not well aware, and for those who questioned what exactly happened.

Aww drat, now the Thomas models are rare, except the ones on Sodor Workshops' website and the other TTTE websites

Never been a Thomas fan but they rlly sucks.

Happens to often now, *COUGH* hhp-8 *COUGH*

In terms of Thomas in Trainz, you still make some fine content and so do others.

Very upset about this as I wanted the updated duck from this website.:'(

Technically my first time ever posting on these forums, but I'd like to throw out that I managed to grab it before they shut down.
I know I'm late to the party, but I was wondering what had happened to the site.

Theres SI3D Classic, which is the one you linked Clam, then theres SI3D 2009 that was ment for SI3D's 2009 range of content, the same one also hosted the 2010 and 2012 stuff, and Si3D.co.uk was for the 2012 and future content that was currently all in the works.

If I had to guess who did that which caused them to close down, I'd say Bill Vu, because you know what he does

Probly a good guess, but it looks to me like a revenge attack. I hope whoever is doing this gets caught.

It was a user on deviantArt, from what I heard. He supposedly reuploaded some, if not all, of SI3D's older content, which the latter group even stated that redistribution of their content was not allowed, regardless of if it were older or newer.
That's what I heard, anyway.

King, you are correct. The user had uploaded SI3D's 06 range (which is beyond questionable when it's STILL available on SI3D Classic), the 09 range, and the 2010 range.

King, you are correct. The user had uploaded SI3D's 06 range (which is beyond questionable when it's STILL available on SI3D Classic), the 09 range, and the 2010 range.

It's a shame, really. One person's actions ruins it for us all.

I was able to grab some of their content before they shut down, but out of respect for SI3D, I AM NOT reuploading any of it (not even for archival reasons) nor giving them to anybody, partially because they might turn around and do what the dA user did.

There is no need, for it to go to court, they did it as a freeware for everyone, but one problem they did have beyond that, they did quote" they did not what it on the DLS" now they wish they had. There were more problems with that direction, every user is different and some can accept it and some will not, Thomas & friends is hit copyrighted, witch most of you will agree on. SI3D did not have good respect towards or how they treat the public or Trainz users and their fans at times.

Last edited:
I do have to agree there. If one person made a mistake, everyone had to serve the punishment as well, which is ridiculous.

Back