Tidewater Point

Yeah, I'll agree with that as a general principle. I don't have Tidewater (yet), but from what I've seen of it, the quality is certainly there.

I noticed today the anderson (aex) hopper is a little screwy. The one side still shows a number in the texture and the arn is a real light grey and not in the right spot. Also the ends are missing the AEX stencil.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

@007007: There’s no need to be abusive. The route may be free, but it’s also empty without buying the content pack, which costs as much as it does for longer route. So, if someone thinks price should correspond to size, then they might be unhappy with the size.

Download from DLS updated trees and library, then delete obsoleted assets and library. Thats all what you should to do.

@007007: There’s no need to be abusive. The route may be free, but it’s also empty without buying the content pack, which costs as much as it does for longer route. So, if someone thinks price should correspond to size, then they might be unhappy with the size.

He's brought it up 3 or 4 times. Not sure what his motives are other than to drive away customers. I mean really, let it go.

A duck is a duck.

He's brought it up 3 or 4 times. Not sure what his motives are other than to drive away customers. I mean really, let it go.

A duck is a duck.

There is still no reason to say what you did, and it is a violation of the Code of Conduct should someone report that post you made. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, but you need to disagree nicely.

With that said... I happen to think the route is well done and who cares if it's small. In fact the size makes it a perfect candidate to be merged into another route such as Coal Country. I envision a branch up and over the mountains into the valley where Coal Country is located. I've been eying that possibility since I got the TRR, but I don't have the time right now or eyesight for that matter to work on the merging, which requires some extensive 'tween boards to bring the routes into alignment.

TRR could be extended along the river out of the yard so that the mainline is longer, for example, where the RP&P exchanges coal and other business at a small yard. The old rusty coal branch, that the RP&P is compared to the TRR is a nice contrast between the routes.

Lots of potential...

The other thing too is it's well done overall. Sometimes with longer routes with lots and lots of content, the route builder gets "tired" and the longer the route, the less detailed it is, and there's less attention to subtle quality things, which always need to be fixed later on. With the smaller route, the route builder can concentrate on making everything top notch without becoming burned out in the process. This is my observation after route building for 14 years.

A duck is a duck.

So, that's what you should have said, rather than what you did say.\

I also agree that quality matters over quantity, any day! And from what I've seen of this route in pics and vids, the quality is pretty darned high.

Back