Checkrail.com suspended?

BNSF1995

Not-so-proud American
I went to Checkrail.com today, only to find a message saying "account suspended".

What happened? Did Dermmy violate some rule?

I tried it on the computer and only got a Cox Communications Error saying the site couldn't be found. I have informed Dermmy of the situation. However, considering he was last active in November, I can only hope he will respond.

A search of DNS Records & IP Address shows no current DNS Server listing or IP Address associated with the name checkrail.com

Domain name has expired.

A search of DNS Records & IP Address shows no current DNS Server listing or IP Address associated with the name checkrail.com

Domain name has expired.

In that case, it looks like we'll just have to share his routes with each other: attempts to retrieve the Clovis Sub by Archive only resulted in a non-existent "HTTP 302 Response Crawl Time”. I say non-existent because there's no such thing as a crawl time. I told the forums about this, but it seems they've done nothing about it.

Gday all.

Checkrail is gone, didn't seem worth another year's hosting with nothing on it that was remotely up to the standards being set in Tane.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy

I'm sorry to see the site go but I would like to thank you for the routes that you created. EVWR v2 and Clovis Sub are my two favourites and I have them both in TANE and working well after a bit of effort swapping trees for TANE friendly ones and repairing the odd bits of faulty content. While not quite up to the recent standard of some of the East European routes created for TANE, they still set a very high standard and look better than many other routes being created for TANE at the moment. What I like about your routes is that they can be operated in a very realistic manner and they continue to give me hours of pleasure.

Clovis Sub has proved ideal for using Track Circuit Blocks combined with Pierre Guys Mission Codes for creating fully automated sessions and EVWR v2 is perfect for fully automated industry controlled sessions.

Once again thank you for sharing your routes in the past.

Regards

Brian

Understandable but a shame to see the site go, thanks for the routes, which are IMO still of a higher standard than some of the junk being uploaded to the DLS these days.

Junk being the keyword. I think those routes are being uploaded by kids, and there's no quality assurance on N3Vs part that anything goes.

Thanks Andy for the best routes in any sim.

Doesn't take much to change the trees and track in TANE:

ek3a10.jpg

ek3a9.jpg

Even with the old track and trees EK3 is better than most routes in TANE:

ek3_tane6.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Junk being the keyword. I think those routes are being uploaded by kids, and there's no quality assurance on N3Vs part that anything goes.

You PAY you can PLAY Money talks
===================================

Thanks Dremmy for years of contributions.

Dick

I had the Clovis subdivision installed in Trainz 2012 and ported it over to T:ANE, fixing it there. It's still one of myu favorite routes.

Too bad! Dermmy's routes were the best in Trainz in my opinion. I got some good ideas from his routes.

Joe

That is too bad I love these routes. And for me it’s all I got. My 2011 iMac doesn’t have the video card power to run Trainz Mac 2 or TANE. And a top of the line IMac that can run TANE is well over 3 grand. So I will just have to live with EVRR, Clovis Sub, east Kentucky 3 ST. Ive spent 1000s hours with your routes and they’ve provided great enjoyment. Clovis has been on my computer forever and I finally just started messing with it and wow it’s now my favorite route. I’ve driven through that area of NM and that route really captures the feel of NM.

My Clovis sub has all of the gates wired and operating now, the version I had didn’t have them setup yet. Added a few as well. I added probably 50 animated waterfalls over the last year to East Kentucky just to give the river life.

Anyways, thanks for the great routes!

f6a6959444051811bdc3fb4e688deec9.jpeg

I'm sorry to hear this , EK1 to EK3 are still one of my must have routes . And still hold up in TANE . I was vary interested in the version as an model table route . Thank you for all the enjoyment you have given us over the years . The Russian narrow gauge rout was a lot of fun , Sorry don't remember the name . But was vary well done .
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Last edited:
Back