Bdaneal's V&T 4-4-0s

OldCoach

I have a simple request: Has anybody ever adapted the old 2007 models of Genoa and Reno for Trainz 12? I've seen several forum posts, but never one completed on the download center. I've tried to fix the dozens of little problems with them myself, but I'm an amateur, and it's excruciating.:confused:

Anybody ever figure it out?

Post your errors and we'll take a look and lead you in the direction you need to repair the assets.

I fixed other V&T locomotives but it's been so long I can't remember what the errors were that needed fixing.

As promised, here are the errors:
First up, the issues with the dependency 'V&T 4-4-0 Cabin (red)':
lx0mSxd.png

I've got them working in TS12 and TANE without issues.

You will need to open several of BDANeal's locomotive files and locate a copy of waterglass.texture.txt and waterglass.tga and copy them into the correct folder. Some you can find in the other 4-4-0 files.

Each of the locomotives is different with different missing files and other errors. Also the structure of BDANeal's files is different than most with the primary graphics files located in other folders than the main train one.

It takes some patience but is well worth the effort. I actually have a folder on my desktop with nothing but BDANeal texture files. Glass, engine black, dummy, etc.

Fix one thing at a time and look at the error messages again.

Copy fireglow.tga, firebox_glow_op.bmp, and firebox_glow-firebox_glow_op.texture.txt from another cabin <kuid:96914:55023> V&T 4-4-0 Cabin perhaps.

and it looks like you should delete inyo.texture.txt since I don't have it in mine. That is another thing, some engine folders have extra files in them. Drives you crazy. :D

Oh yeah, one other thing do not upgrade the version number. Mine are all build 2.0 for the cabins, locomotives, and most of the dependencies.

Last edited:
Ithe structure of BDANeal's files is different than most with the primary graphics files located in other folders than the main train one.

Yes, the body is part of the driver bogey, if I recall correctly. Ben made those locomotives long before the bogey positioning / rotating tags were added to Trainz, and that was the workaround required.

Fixed 'em! In the content manager, substitude 'Inyo B2' for any other invisible bogey; as for the cab, choose whatever, but the recent V&T 'Mogul interior' is working very well for me. This works not only for 'Reno' and 'Genoa', but for practically any lokie using the 4-4-0 cab included, or the Inyo b2 invisible bogey.

Back