CyberpowerPC Desktop From Best Buy: Passing the Test?

I'm not into PC parts anymore but I paid half that price for parts to build a half-as-good system.

So it looks like a really nice machine for the price.

Currently GPU prices are extremely high due to the bitcoin mining so a min of $800 is on the GPU. The i7 is essentially not required, an i5 would perform reasonably well.

I might go a GTX 1060 3 gigs of memory for $300 from newegg.com but the GTX 1070 would perform better.

Cheerio John

I'd personally hold off for now, if you can wait. The Spectre and Meltdown bugz in Intel CPUs aren't fixed yet. You might want to wait until they introduce bug free stuff. Do you have a system you currently are using now? If so, just wait, it will be more worth it.

I'd personally hold off for now, if you can wait. The Spectre and Meltdown bugz in Intel CPUs aren't fixed yet. You might want to wait until they introduce bug free stuff. Do you have a system you currently are using now? If so, just wait, it will be more worth it.

I do but it's fried as my SSD and HD are severely damaged and had it not been for my Auntie, I'd be without a computer right now and the desktop downstairs in my house is ruined so my mom is using the monitor for her work laptop. I used to run Trainz on it but couldn't handle it one bit. So I'm sure whatever bugs are out there can't be any worse than what I'm dealing with right now. Not to mention it won't be until February or March before I get one anyhow since I'm waiting on my tax returns.

That is a boss price for that build. I'd would step on it while it's there. Those specs are slightly better than mine in the light you have a GTX1070 and I have a 1060.
My specs that get anywhere from 35-60FPS depending on detail and route in TANE are:
Intel i7-7700k @ 4.4Ghz
16GB of RAM
GTX1060 6GB EVGA
360GB+2TB HDD setup, no SSD.
You won't be disappointed by the move. Yes, as Paul mentioned, those have not been fixed, but you wouldn't even notice those anyways, because the amount of time it would take to launch an attack on those exploits is so much that it's not even feasible unless there is something to extremely large and valuable to gain. Just do a quick read up of those bugs for yourself and then decide. Also, AMD CPU's are also at risk of the very same exploits, since they work very similar. When it comes to the virtual world, you're never safe, so don't post to much out there, and you'll never have to worry. Use common sense, and you'll rarely be attacked by a virus at all.

Bought one of these for my car racing games and it is great.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...hard-drive-gray-black/6032004.p?skuId=6032004

Easily runs TANE, and with the price of GPU's doubling lately get one now.

As far as building your own, not worth the "saving" of money, when something goes wrong in the build. Built my own for a long time and nothing is worse than a black box just sitting there not working.

Bought one from NewEgg that was a BSOD generator and could be returned.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230227

That one has gone up $200 dollars since before Christmas. Expect prices to rise.

Replaced that piece of crap with this one from Bestbuy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...hard-drive-black-gray/6030300.p?skuId=6030300

Best computer I have ever owned, also cost $200 more MRSP than it did a month ago.

Don't need more than 8GB of memory to run TANE.

Harold

Last edited:
It looks good to me ArmouredMonster. I have a similar set up myself (except that I have 32Gig RAM and a GTX1080Ti) and it runs like a dream at max settings for everything.

Cheers

Dave

If you bought a PC from a BigBox store (BestBuy, Staples, Office Depot, Walmart, QVC ... etc ...) You probably paid too much, and got inferior hardware inside.

What ? ... They couldn't offer a 1080 video card ? They and to cheap it out, and only give you a 1070 ?

Someone previously posted, some PC suppliers links from Wales, England, and the US, that made superior Gaming Towers ... Not BestBuy :eek:

Last edited:
The two Bestbuy computers I just bought are the two best computers I have ever owned.

Have bought three customized computers from Cyberpower in the past and the two computers from Bestbuy are equal to those in value for the price.

Harold

Last edited:
I bought my 512 GB desktop at CircuitCity BigBox store in 2006 for $1300, and got robbed, as they put in a higher video card wattage than recommended (worked well for 3 years, then blew out) ... I had my $1300 desktop repaired for another $900, I got robbed (1TB HD, upgraded from Vista to Windows7, GT430 video card) ... I put in better RAM chips, probably as bottlenecks in performance

My laptop was $1900 in 2000, (a gift from rich friends) they got robbed by a BigBox store

Last edited:
I bought my 512 GB desktop at CircuitCity in 2006, and got robbed, as they put in a higher video card wattage than recommended (worked well for 3 years, then blew out) ... My laptop was $1900 in 2000, (a gift from rich friends) they got robbed ... I had my $1300 desktop repaired for $900, I got robbed ... I put in better RAM chips, probably as bottlenecks in performance
2006?
man you need a new PC bad, you cant run trains well on a midrange laptop now let alone in 2000!
and a desktop in $1,300 2006!
i build my first gaming PC in 2008 for less then 500 dollars!
sounds like you just make a lot of bad decisions when it comes to computers!
my favorite flavor of Ram chips is Cool ranch
i don't think you are in any position to give anyone advice on PC's.

Last edited:
Cascaderailroad buys a new PC ... What the BigBox store salesman see's:

child-with-lollipop.jpg

You should go into business building gaming desktops for $1000 - $2000, and build one for me

Last edited:
So I ended up getting the CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme Gxi10940CPG. It's equipped with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, Intel i7 8th generation 8700 @3.2GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive Memory with Windows 10 Home 64-Bit. I'll upgrade to either 24 or 32 GB RAM later on and same goes for the processor.

You should have waited a little bit longer.
Let's revaluate this. Spectre and Meltdown causes a slight CPU load increase. I'd say if you want something good, NOW, wait until the latest CPUs naturally block these two badguys before investing in anything.

You should have waited a little bit longer.
Let's revaluate this. Spectre and Meltdown causes a slight CPU load increase. I'd say if you want something good, NOW, wait until the latest CPUs naturally block these two badguys before investing in anything.

I couldn't have even if I tired. For a base price of $862.50 totaling out to $998.34 after taxes and warranty extended plan it was too good a deal to pass up. Not to mention I got the last one because that model is now sold out. I did also mention I'll be swapping out and upgrading parts later on down the line.

Back