Resignation to The Erecting Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye,

All your wonderful talent will be missed. Don, you made steam engines fun again. The roundhouse was a sad final closure, because it was so great!

sntayoj.gif

Take care, live long, and prosper...

I tried to get a team made, but behind my back they started in on each other. and the funny thing is, I used to do similar things until I got out of my own head and realized the mistakes I've been doing the entire time.

I wish there were more people who would realize that on their own. I'm just unclear on the reason why people have this tendency to be so hateful and/or jealous of peoples talents, then try to or succeed in screwing things up to the point that no one has the patience to deal with it. These forums used to be a fun place back in the day.

@Don, may i suggest something similar to what Normhart did with the jatws page or whatever that was? It was some sort of link that could be shared via email/PM and was the only way to access the website, thus limiting the user base that would be allowed access. And in view of the larger problem, i hope someone roots these idiots out permanently. this kind of flaming/attacking/trolling deserves a permanent ban.

Thank you for all the content you've made Don, its given me many hours of enjoyment. Including that time where i accidentally shoved a caboose into a pond and squashed a parked car in the process with one of your Hs-18s lol.

Thank you for all the content you've made Don, its given me many hours of enjoyment. Including that time where i accidentally shoved a caboose into a pond and squashed a parked car in the process with one of your Hs-18s lol.

That reminds me of playing MP in TS12. They said “I sure don’t like the look of the loco sitting there”. I said, “oh really”. So, I set a couple of switches, ran it down the siding, off the end of the track and cur-plunk. It disappeared into the water. “There, we don’t need to look at thatany more".

Not to burst bubbles but a creator shouldn't cave into the those who can't appreciate. Where's the passion? Where the personal Joy of Creation? The fact you know you're able to do this stuff while everyone else can't put you ahead of the rest regardless. Not that you should be pressure to do whatever others want you to do. You should work at your speed and accept constructive criticism. But never let the judgemental d*****bags tell you what you can and can't do to your creations.

I'm sorry to hear you go Don and you were one of the best freeware content creators in my opinion. I love sitting myself in your SD70ACe interiors for the SPORBUST stuff and that was the closest thing to the real one besides just Davesnow's ACe cab. I do not condone all of this inappropriate behavior running in the community since this happened to you and EastCoastTrainz from TEH and Sodor Island 3D. I just have a feeling that the content made for the entire community will never be complete because of these gimmiepigs and trolls running around, causing drama, and want the community to be formed into their image.

My words to you Don is please don't worry about the community and move on to whatever makes you happy. Do not let these people including the naysayers tell you what to do with your content.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. I didn’t know anyone really noticed my stuff before now. It’s hard to tell when only one or two people come around and share pictures. I am truly sorry for bringing everyone down.

Well….. All is not lost. I have at long last decided to join N3V’s Content Creators Program and hope someday to be a content creator and share with you some of my stuff. With LOD and the new up and coming texture system, I have my work cut out for me. Just counting the parts of my 115’ roundhouse is 12 pieces with 3 levels of LOD and I’m working on making it seasonal so that's 6 all together and that adds up to 72 models and the turntable will probably need more so it might be closer to 80 so don’t hold your breath. I’ll share some screenshots along the way so look for Don49plm’s Stuff (or Vaporware, LOL) in the screen shot area of the forum. Again sorry. Don

Last edited:
... wonderful news ... very good to see ... i admire your decision ... and good luck ...
grtz
daveric

Last edited:
not trying to be a gimmie pig here but there seams to be 2 missing sections to the roundhouse. an open right and a closed left long, all i seen was the closed right and open left. will there be those additions as well?

I don't want to crap up this thread anymore than I have, but here goes nothing.

I am also no longer with TEH. Though I don't see myself as a friend to you (don), I support the reasons you've left. I left for a complication of things...(namely TEH forcing me to choose friends/enemies, then lying to me about why)...but that's neither here or there.

I'm not trying to make this a TEH confessional time or anything, but I see somewhat eye to eye with you Don. Thank you for choosing not to leave all together. We need as many creators as we can get at this point, regardless of groups and affiliations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back