Resignation to The Erecting Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON49PLM

As of January, 21 2018, I have given my formal resignation to The Erecting Hall. It is my belief that TEH no longer has anything to offer me and I to it. This is do to the resent act of “trolling” from members of this community and the response of me and the other members of TEH to the above said act. As for my involvement, I am truly sorry and wish in no way to be associated with the negative feelings garnered toward TEH past or present. As for the content hosed on the TEH site. I have withdrawn all claim to it to let TEH to do with as they please. Because of the above reasons, I well release no additional content to the community now or in the future. Don.

As of January, 21 2018, I have given my formal resignation to The Erecting Hall. It is my belief that TEH no longer has anything to offer me and I to it. This is do to the resent act of “trolling” from members of this community and the response of me and the other members of TEH to the above said act. As for my involvement, I am truly sorry and wish in no way to be associated with the negative feelings garnered toward TEH past or present. As for the content hosed on the TEH site. I have withdrawn all claim to it to let TEH to do with as they please. Because of the above reasons, I well release no additional content to the community now or in the future. Don.

I'm sorry to hear the news and thanks for the great roundhouse and turntable kits that were made by a talented creator like yourself, I for one don't like what has just transpired as well..

Last edited:
... i think i missed something ... or not ...
sad to see a great, highdetailed, favourite creator is leaving ... wish you all the luck and health you need ... and a strong positive feeling ... don't give up

cordial grtz
daveric

Darn. I was looking forward to that new roundhouse you were making. I was planning on using your previous roundhouses on some routes I was planning on releasing. Now they are vaporware. Have you considered doing what davesnow does and offer them via cubby or philskene does his with dropbox?

I don't think it is a question as to: "where he will", or "how he will distribute", his assets ... I see the problem is that certain members of the Community insulted him ... Now he: "Will NOT" be releasing them to anyone, as people ruined it all, and squashed is projects

Sad to see you leave.

Last edited:
So your feelings got hurt or someone said something that you didn't agree with, so now you're giving the middle finger to the entire community? Nice job with sharting on yourself.

This is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. I dothis all for free and so if I no longer feel good doing it, than I won’t. As far“giving the middle finger to the entire community”. No, it’s more like you andall those like you. Don

You reap ... What you sow

I was appalled at what people were posting ... I support DON49PLM's decision ... Now you get NOTHING !

If the entire Community is hurting ... lay the blame on the small few of nasty people who posted

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. I dothis all for free and so if I no longer feel good doing it, than I won’t. As far“giving the middle finger to the entire community”. No, it’s more like you andall those like you. Don

A perfectly understandable
reaction , there are some very mean spirited comments made at times, mostly made I suspect , by members who lack empathy either due to their age or their uncorrected personality traits .

In general if creating content , I think it sometimes its better just to add the work on the DLS and then you will not have to put up with these stupid sort of criticisms and demands for more content , on the other hand , its nice to have positive feedback . we need a filter to remove the moaners.

its a great shame you are leaving Don, your work is greatly appreciated , bear in mind the haters are probably jealous and by giving up you are possibly giving them some satisfaction .
the admirers always outnumber the haters but often are not vocal, whereas haters usually are the most vocal out there.
Time is a healer, hopefully we will see your work again . if not , good luck and good modelling !.

Just remember boys and girls. When your filling out your Christmas list, and you're to the part where it’s the “good are bad”. Who will you add to the bad side.

Last edited:
...its a great shame you are leaving Don, your work is greatly appreciated , bear in mind the haters are probably jealous and by giving up you are possibly giving them some satisfaction .
the admirers always outnumber the haters but often are not vocal, whereas haters usually are the most vocal out there.
Time is a healer, hopefully we will see your work again . if not , good luck and good modelling !.

I completely agree with dangavel on this. I, for one, certainly love your creations and enjoy using them. Especially your Turntables and roundhouses, which allow for such an expansive number of combinations.
63d97c0a1327722e6a4815275b5f2a46.jpg

Last edited:
Is all this really necessary? This is kind of what is wrong with the community lately. One person gets their feelings hurt and then pops on here to say something to make someone else look bad and then it turns into a childish temper tantrum among everyone. Lets all grow up and just run trains and enjoy the sim like it was intended. Not that hard.....

Sorry to hear about what happen to you Don. You are a excellent content creator and it's a shame that you had to suffer because of this. I wish you good luck and if you ever do come back we respectful members of the community will welcome you back in open arms.
You reap ... What you sow

I was appalled at what people were posting ... I support DON49PLM's decision ... Now you get NOTHING !

If the entire Community is hurting ... lay the blame on the small few of nasty people who posted
totally agree with you Cascade.

Last edited:
I think by the response I have gotten here and in PM’s that I’m not the only one that is tired of trolling on this forum. As far as “childish temper tantrum”. I think I’m just saying what has needed to be said for some time now. If you don’t think it necessary, then don’tjoin in.

Hello from France !!

May I say I support you Don ? But the best thing to do is certainly to take no care of that, a lot of people in the world follows your créations for a while... Don't let stupidity winning !!!

Very friendly, Marc

Well, Looks like the idiots have destroyed both the Trainz community and the RW Community in less than 3 months. People are becoming destroyers of there own hobby and disagreements happen, but if someone on your own team disrespects there coworkers, there is a serious issue they need to address(Speaking from experience). That is also another reason why I lost the initiative to continue my projects, I tried to get a team made, but behind my back they started in on each other. There is one man(Not naming names) in the RW Community that has made false charges against legitimate businesses making content and claiming they were his and wanted to take all of there models and use them for his own business that's just a fake facebook page, and the funny thing is, I used to do similar things until I got out of my own head and realized the mistakes I've been doing the entire time.

It is a shame that the many normal users of Trainz will suffer because of the actions of a few but you are completely right in your decision Don. I hope that sometime down the road you give the community another chance but if not, thank you for all the contributions you have made to make this hobby better. Good luck Sir.

Thank you all for your support. No, I’m not leaving the Trainz community forever because we all know that’s not possible. I just need to sort thing out and hope to God (or N3V staff) that something can be done about the haters and trolls on this forum. (As a matter of fact, I am working on the next roundhouse stall right now). At some point I will work out a way to share with those who deserve. Maybe a mailing list or something like that. NO trolls invited.
What really sent me over the edge was the trolls, in one sentence said they loved and use my stuff and the next attacked the personal life of one of the TEH members. That’s messed up and it needs to stop!

Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back