Search and Replace help needed on CDP Pack List

blueodessey

I hope I'm putting this in the right forum,

I was doing inventory on all the CDP's I have, and reinstalled one has 332 Assets, and I couldn't tell what this pack has in it, due to the name of "content.cdp"

Couple of Ques,

1. Is there a way to see the list of items in any CDP Pack before you use it? Of course Route Packs already have the name and easy to identify, but there are many others with generic names.

2. I made a copy of the install Log from content CDP after it finished telling me all 332 were already installed,

and here is snip of one of the 332 Kuid operations logged

; <kuid:9:35003> TADInstallAssetPackage> <kuid:9:35003> "pl ballast2"
! <kuid:9:35003> Asset <kuid:9:35003> is already installed.
+ <kuid:9:35003> <kuid:9:35003> opened for edit
; <kuid:9:35003> Wrote <kuid:9:35003> to disk
; <kuid:9:35003> Skipped commit for <kuid:9:35003>
+ <kuid:9:35003> Installed asset <kuid:9:35003>

I saved it in Notepad, what I would like to do is keep first Text line showing Kuid ID and name, and get rid of the following 5 text lines, bear in mind, they're are 332 of these sections in the log file. I can due it manually, which takes a long time to clean up the Log File, is there another way to due this process.

Any help would be appreciated.

I saved it in Notepad, what I would like to do is keep first Text line showing Kuid ID and name, and get rid of the following 5 text lines, bear in mind, they're are 332 of these sections in the log file. I can due it manually, which takes a long time to clean up the Log File, is there another way to due this process.
A utility with search and replace that supports wildcards (such as MS Word) will enable you to clean up that log file easily. For instance, 'replace all lines starting with "!" with nothing', or 'replace every line that is followed by a blank line with nothing' and repeat 4 more times (if they all have exactly six lines then a blank line).

:wave: Thank you gentleman for sharing the wealth of your knowledge,

:D @zsuda I'll head over to the skill building one, that looks very promising. Thank you

:cool: @SailorDan Thanks for example, I do have word, and I will definitely open a doc up and copy those to it, I used to use search and replace at work about a decade ago, thanks for helping me remember, you don't use it, you can lose it.........LOL

Back