Question regarding Ring-Bell Track Object

brucem56

Hi - I've been using the "Ring_Bell" trackside object kuid:612368:100041 (built-in) which I find to be a very useful asset. What I'm wondering is there another trackside object to "stop" the bell ringing?

I've searched but had no luck. I also tried placing another "Ring_Bell" further along to see if that would stop it ringing but no luck.

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance, much appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce

A 2nd bell asset should stop it (likewise with the same creators sound horn asset) ... unless T:ANE also has a problem with both of his assets, which sounds par for the course coming from T:ANE ?

Last edited:
Sounds like a TANE problem then as a second asset doesn't stop it ringing. :(

Thanks for your response cascaderailroad

You probably already know this, but facing matters with that asset.

I just placed several of these on one of my routes, and they are performing correctly. 1st one turns the bell on, 2nd one turns it off. TANE SP2 HF1.

Last edited:
Further update - I found a workaround for my problem in case anyone else runs into this.

I downloaded and used Ring_Bell_BiDirectional kuid:612368:100040 by scottbe8 and used it instead. Now the train bell starts/stops correctly.

Glad you got it sorted. I forgot about that one. I may need to use that one to reduce the surveyor clutter I have going on now.

FWIW, after more runs on my route with the ring bell asset, I began to see intermittent issues as well with some having no effect. Switched all over to the bi-directional ring bell. No issues so far.

Back