Cloning traffic region assets

Lataxe

Am I right to recall a discussion, many moons ago, concerning the creation of new traffic regions (the facility that puts moving vehicles on suitable roads within a route) in which it was concluded (with NV3 advice) that it is legitimate to clone an existing traffic region asset then adapt it to contain different vehicles (of the "traffic" variety) from the DLS? I seem to remember that such a traffic region was regarded as being something like the base route or session structure (a common structure available to anyone to populate) with the traffic items within it just like any other DLS-hosted item used to build a particular route.....?

I ask because I would like to clone Sterrett's WA Region 1959 to take out the vehicles with the white headlight patches in front of them; and to put in some additional vehicles of the period, including a few motorbikes. This traffic region would be circa 1955-65 and intended as an item in Neville Hill's in-progress new route, which is essentially an amalgamation of his Dearnby with his Dearne-on-Sea routes plus connections and extensions. It's period is early BR, with sessions intended containing both steam and diesel locos. (I have been an assistant in building this new route).

One is wary of sensitivities concerning cloning and uploading the result to the DLS. But perhaps Sterrett would give me his blessing, which would be nice; and avoid the whole question. :)

Lataxe

Back