Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: diorama: 4 in 1

Default ... and to all ...

... stay safe ... and dif-tor heh smusma (spock) ...

Last edited by zsuda; May 14th, 2020 at 02:41 AM.

That is just crazy! but in a good way

Default diorama : table fable

last week creation :
    ... after "finishing" the trilogy-in-coronatime i realized that i had to inventory my purchases and downloads of the last six months ... instead of doing it in a datasheet i got the inspiration by telling a fable to my grankid (4) and seeing a pic of don49plm : his double trouble roundhouse blues ....

so, i imitated that proposal with his tbs 130' roundhouse kit (presented by thebackshop) ... i think he used an other version, when i compare the windows and the color of that roundhouse ... and i couldn't recognize that little building in the front, nor the backyard engine- or warehouse, so i used another one ...
    as a puzzling shortliner addict, i added the 90 ft transfertable of bendorsey and an industrial shuntsection ...

at the same time i wanted to re-promote the great idea of oknotsen in 2015: his m120 module ...
    i experimented with his idea (<kuid2:645812:12005:2>) and my basic concept ( = 4 dioramas on 1 board)
    ... now i have a new template with connections in the north and south to other boards in my conditions (environment settings and effect layers) ...

the fable : the cricket and the ant ...
    grasshopper (not david carradine) has spent the summer singing while the ant worked hard to store up food for winter .. when that season arrives, the grasshopper finds itself dying of hunger and begs the ant for food ... however, the ant rebukes its idleness and tells it to dance the winter away now .... (wikipedia)
    translated : i cricketycrack in the fall of my life : hardrockin' and quicheatin' ...
    moral : in fables is no judgment made ... so, put on your red shoes and dance the blues ... (david bowie)

the inventory :
    double roundhouse : left showroom is filled with procured steamers from different suppliers in the 1st 5 months of 2020 and the right showroom is completely claimed by all the k&ltrainztuff ...
    transfertable : setup with all my slugs and railcarmovers, some crap, a junkyard and collected diesels in the past months ...

overview :
    - south : double roundhouse as a showroom ... and a transfer table as a puzzle game
    - east : yard for assembling consists
    - north : industrial yard
    - west : my humble retreat spot ... to contemplate wrinkles on my mind

I like it, thanks for showing it Zsuda.

Regards

Javier

Blog Entries

if this route is released, this will be a great showcase of my downloaded and custom made stuff
    1970's Fan

Superb as usual!

United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area

Zsuda, Ya got to know what I'm smilling at. Fun to look at.
    Don49plm

Cool

Hello my friend,

Looks like your at it again,

I'm looking at the rather unfix able dilapidated tracks in #110, well done master. Never disappointed, in fact, I have to spend extra time trying to figure out how do what you do......

Thanks for sharing with us........

... thankz gentz for the complimentz ... is much appreciated ...
    @ fant_autentico : you're welcome .. like your assets too ..
    @ john2002 : this diorama has a lot of payware, so not suitable to release ... you can easily make a showcase that complety fits to your own stuff ..
    @ euromodeller : like your own creations ..
    @ don49plm : yes, i'm always smilin' and havin' fun with your assets and screenshots ..
    @ blueodessey : that piece is a snip from jointedrailz' coalcountry .. it's managing with trackheights and trackpieces .. it's not so difficult to imitate, but a lot of work and all the credits has to go to scratchy ..
    ... try-out in another diorama of me some time ago :

Last edited by zsuda; June 2nd, 2020 at 06:15 AM.

Default diorama : silver snowline

... blueodessey, you made me blush ... thank you so much for your kind words in that favorable description with your vote in the screenshot competition ... you inspired me to rebuild my collection of merged layout clippings in tmr17 (march 2018) from silverliner lego207 (smworks) into my diorama concept in trs19...
    at first i had some issues with snowpiles and frozen river splines, but the creator dinorius_redundicus helped me in the blink of an eye, by pointing out the value of the "snowline" ... so, this is the result ...

- overview
    - south : caterpillar establishment , greyhound busstation , slrr 2-8-8-2 + slrr 2-10-2 , various wagon consists , avalanche activities , frozen river ...
    - east : standby mwpx loc with snowplow , dnwp 116 class 2-8-0 consist , mow location
    - north : woodchips plant , shay lima class b28-2 consist , bunkhouse settlement , end of "unfixable dilapidated track" , eagle "frozen" river excursion consist , village
    - west : shuntyard with several companies , c&o kanawha k4 consist , slrr sw1500 , plymouth ml8 switcher consist , crap industrail sw1500 consist , various wagon/car consists ...

Just brilliant

If only we could have more seasonal locos and rolling stock, but we can only work with what we have, and you have done a fantastic job again!