Locking a Route as Payware

I tried Internet Explorer, and its giving me error 500 Internal Server Error

Interesting FireFox doesn't give out anything..
BRsfAR5.jpg

Cheers

There's something broken as you've discovered. I just tried using Edge Chrome edition, and I also get the blank page.

N3v only takes TRS19 content for payware now.

Er, not correct according to N3V! I've already signed up for the content creators and been told they will still accept routes and sessions for Tane, so I wonder why there is conflicting info on this point?

Many, if not all, routes created for TANE still work perfectly (and often look better) in TRS19.

Is there any kind of documentation on what is different or extra that can/should be done to it before submitting it?.

Your biggest issue is likely to be to prepare the routes and sessions as payware, because the requirements are different than for a DLS upload. For instance, have you confirmed that the routes and sessions only include built-in and DLS items, or, for items that are not built-in or DLS, you have permission to distribute them as part of the payware package?

Users downloading from the DLS often have to go hunting on third-party sites for missing items, but for payware that would be unacceptable.

All payware handled through N3V must have all items included for the route / session(s), they'll fail items that doesn't have everything included.

Items that are marked as builtin / DLS can be used. Items that aren't on the DLS or aren't builtin (aka3rd party) needs permission to include in a payware package.
Additional builtin content for TRS19 (aka the extra downloads after installing TRS19) needs to have the creator's permission to use (N3V and I had a long talk about this).

Hope this helps

Cheers

My first report on two of your uploaded routes/sessions. One with a big tick, the other with a big cross.

CDE Oil Refinery West installed in TRS19 Platinum

Session Unknowns

<kuid:523:19723457>
<kuid:523:19723445>

Route Unknowns

<kuid2:146523:247:1>
<kuid2:134105:29129:1>
<kuid2:146523:249:1>
<kuid2:124017:26042:3>

CDE Ore Valley installed in TANE SP4

No missing or faulty assets

<kuid:523:19723457>, not actually unknown (In Tane). It's an Auran driver! Why they are unknown in TRS19 beats me..
<kuid:523:19723445> ditto, another Auran driver.
<kuid2:146523:247:1> also not unknown in Tane (kinda getting silly isn't it), 50ft Boxcar BN #244626
<kuid2:146523:249:1> 50ft Boxcar BN #249089 (in Tane)
The other two I don't have or know.

Thanks for that Alikiwi.

CDE Ore Valley Review

I am very reluctant to criticise a freeware route/session since I know how much effort goes into creating them and with freeware you get what you pay for. Particularly since this seems to be your first route/session release.

If this was to be offered as payware (the topic of this thread) then there is some room for improvements.

I add that the following points are my opinions only. I would be surprised if others agreed. A freeware release would also benefit considerably from these suggestions (in my opinion).

Positives

Trackwork very smooth, no curve or gradient issues, no bad track joins or other problems.
Texturing and landforms also very good. For TRS19 I would consider using TurfFX and Clutter close to the tracks.
The duration of the demo session, a bit over 30 minutes, is fine.
The built environment (man-made stuff) generally looks very good.

Neutrals

I know next to nothing about US signalling practises to be able to offer a comment on that aspect.

Negatives

Billboard trees? Some are good, most are not. For TANE and above SpeedTrees should be the first choice. Any billboard trees should be used as distant scenery. There have been some threads on the issue of SpeedTrees vs Billboards and opinions can be divided. SpeedTrees are rendered by your GPU while billboards (if my understanding is correct) tend to be rendered by the CPU. SpeedTrees have LOD data builtin while billboards do not.

All the wagons were empty when they arrived at the first two unloading industries. An oversite in the initial rolling stock configuration? There is a disconnect between the colour of the shrinking mineral stockpile at the iron ore mine and the mineral loaded into the wagons.

Some of the buildings (specifically the shop fronts) very close to the track at the start of the session are low resolution and do not look good.

Since it is an auto-driven tour, it needs a commentary of some sort to explain what is happening and will be happening, the names of places, etc. It needs a HTML asset and/or message popups.

Once again, my opinions. Feel free to ignore.
Peter

<kuid:523:19723457>, not actually unknown (In Tane). It's an Auran driver! Why they are unknown in TRS19 beats me..
<kuid:523:19723445> ditto, another Auran driver.
<kuid2:146523:247:1> also not unknown in Tane (kinda getting silly isn't it), 50ft Boxcar BN #244626
<kuid2:146523:249:1> 50ft Boxcar BN #249089 (in Tane)
The other two I don't have or know.

The other 2;

<kuid2:124017:26042:3> YARN Bridge01 Support / Built-In (TANE Dlx) / Maddy25
<kuid2:134105:29129:1> Brick Office 9 Door 1a ML1 / Built-In (TANE Dlx) / paulzmay

As far as the drivers go, when I created the session the 2 drivers were auto selected, and I assumed when I checked the route, the session would use the the same assets, drivers included. Never thought it would pick Payware drivers (did'nt know there were any). So I will need to learn how to lock in specific drivers for the session so it won't pick what it wants.

CDE Ore Valley Review
If this was to be offered as payware (the topic of this thread) then there is some room for improvements.
Since it is an auto-driven tour, it needs a commentary of some sort to explain what is happening and will be happening, the names of places, etc. It needs a HTML asset and/or message popups.

Once again, my opinions. Feel free to ignore.
Peter

Thank you Peter, I will take all the opinions and criticisms I can get. I just about agree with all your comments. I anticipate that when I release a payware route it will be much better than these, especially in the session department. And the trees, that's a big topic, but your right about the billboard trees.

I just looked on the Trainz Wiki for the HTML asset, and it looks like this will be my project today to create one and start playing. I did not know about this asset, listed as type 'unknown' (In a computer programmer, web developer, network engineer, so this all looks very straight forward).

Pretty sure that Billboards are not rendered by the CPU now as no other assets are. That was applicable in TS12 when all assets were rendered via the CPU excluding SpeedTrees which was rendered by the SpeedTree Engine given the poor performance probably still via the CPU. It's not applicable in TANE or TRS19, completely different Game Engine which uses the GPU for rendering. Put another way there is no real difference in CPU usage here when running the same route with Billboards as with SpeedTrees as in my TS12 with Billboards and Tane with SpeedTrees versions of my Ffestiniog / Welsh Highland route in TANE or TRS19. There was a vast difference in TS12 where the Billboards were actually better than the SpeedTrees. The main difference is without some serious messing with the environment in TRS19, as in turning the sun down to near black, Billboards look dreadful.

Pretty sure that Billboards are not rendered by the CPU now as no other assets are. That was applicable in TS12 when all assets were rendered via the CPU excluding SpeedTrees

I stand corrected. I think I was confused with splines which (and again I could be wrong here) are processed (largely) by the CPU - I recall reading that somewhere. Spline based billboard forests, for example, were/are notorious performance hogs.

Some billboard trees are definitely far better than others and I still use some billboard shrubs and grasses in my layouts. For trees, I definitely prefer SpeedTrees.

Back