Opportunity to explore our TrainzDev build

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
This week in our newsletter, we've put a call out to our active 3D modellers who would be keen to be involved in discovering and testing the new materials and systems for our upcoming Trainz release.

Read the full news post here and let us know if we're missing any information you require to help you make a decision whether to register your interest or not.​

Hi Tony --

I'm not a 3D modeller so when I tried to register I was immediately rejected.

However I have seen in the Trainz Dev thread some wonderful texturing and other route building effects. I'd certainly welcome the opportunity to try some of these exciting features.

Is there room in your development and testing program for a person with some experience in route construction?

Phil

I strongly support Phil's inclusion in this program. I suggest you do need a couple of, but not too many, competent route builders in your program. It might encourage existing TrainzDev members to produce some sample assets so Phil can play with them in sample routes.

I'm not sure how we might share such assets but we will find a way.

Alternatively, I could nominate Phil as a regular TrainzDev member.

Sounds interesting, wish I could take you up on it but reading the forum and seeing all the new "language" used I fear I have fallen of the creative part and I am to scared to climb aboard again so I will await the official release and hopefully I have gained some knowledge before that in what it now takes to create for Trainz as my mind is struggling visualizing all this speak of the materials and what is needed and so on.

Linda, former/paused creator

I also support Phils inclusion. I've been away for to long to even think about it myself, but I'm a route builder at heart and IMO thats modeling too. :)
Cheers
Chuck

Not much a route builder could do with the new build as there is very little content in it and Drive is broken, only way to drive is by AI.

Hi CeeBee!

Back