Questions About Trainz Drivers

JonMyrlennBailey

1. Why don't some drivers have an associated cab figure? Often I will choose a driver based upon how the cab figure looks inside the engine. I always have male drivers and never women.
2. The avatars of the drivers along with their names: are these real living people? How are they chosen for the game if they are a real person?
3. Who designs the cab figures associated with the drivers if they have an associated figure even?

Roger, did you know you are my assigned farm wagon driver on one of my routes?
Damon has a flashy purple uniform that does not look right in my Esspee SD40-T-2 cab. I like Andrew's plain black uniform that doesn't stick out better.
I wish drivers of American locomotives, diesel, steam or otherwise, would all don old-fashioned engineer's bib overalls, boots, and engineer hats as Willie G does. Steam drivers and firemen need gloves as well as those boiler and firebox parts are very hot.

I hate beards and like my drivers to be clean-shaven. The men in the cowboy hats with the mustaches driving my stagecoach and farm wagon look OK.
Roger's avatar has a beard but the horse wagon driver in the cowboy hat has a mustache and that's cool by me.

Who are YOUR favorite drivers and for which trains, routes and/or Trainz game versions?

In Edit Session, I chose Willie G as the C&O Kanawha K-4 driver for TANE, but no driver figure actually shows up in this grand steam loco.

Last edited:

Who are YOUR favorite drivers and for which trains, routes and/or Trainz game versions?

I like to use Dino's Amy Winehouse to drive all my test locos. Why? No particular reason but she appeals to me in some bizarre way.

Anyway, you can always create your own.

Now I'll wait for Cascade to add his comments. :hehe:

1. Why don't some drivers have an associated cab figure? Often I will choose a driver based upon how the cab figure looks inside the engine. I always have male drivers and never women.

The driver and the cab figure are completely independent of each other. You can assign any available driver to a loco using the Driver Setup Rule but if the creator of the locomotive did not add an attachment point for a driver then no cab driver will appear. For those locos that have an attachment point and a cab driver, the <kuid> of the driver figure will be in the config.txt file of the loco.

In these days of equal opportunity, female drivers should be represented in the driver cab. There are several female drivers here in Aust who are fully qualified steam loco drivers. You really need to catch up with the 21st Century Jon.

2. The avatars of the drivers along with their names: are these real living people? How are they chosen for the game if they are a real person?

Some will be real, with real photos and names, others will be purely fictitious. It will be up to the whims of the creators. It is not important.

3. Who designs the cab figures associated with the drivers if they have an associated figure even?

Sometimes the creator of the loco will design the cab figure but more likely they will simply choose a figure from those available on the DLS.

Yes, trivial, but I was just curious: the photos look like real people anyway.
We have never had a woman as a steam engine driver in American history as far as I know.
American film, books and media has never portrayed them anyway and how often does somebody see a "cowgirl" in a Hollywood western?

American film, books and media has never portrayed them anyway and how often does somebody see a "cowgirl" in a Hollywood western?

There have been plenty of "cowgirl" characters who have been just as tough and just as "deadly" as the cowboys. "Calamity Jane" is one who comes to mind in various movies and, in particular, the very raunchy Deadwood TV series. "Delores", in the TV series Westworld, ended season 1 on a personal vendetta shooting and killing spree.

There have been plenty of "cowgirl" characters who have been just as tough and just as "deadly" as the cowboys. "Calamity Jane" is one who comes to mind in various movies and, in particular, the very raunchy Deadwood TV series. "Delores", in the TV series Westworld, ended season 1 on a personal vendetta shooting and killing spree.

Westworld is an awesome series. Can't wait for the next season.

wtf.gif

Hands off Ami!

She's mine!

wub.gif

I got so sick and tired (tired always follows sick, it seems) of seeing an empty engineers/conductor/fireman seat, that I completely removed the seat mesh from my "gen_sd" interior, as the seat back cushion was always hogging my view, and blocking my FOV in -freeintcam

Now that my engine crews have had their seats confiscated, they are forced to stand (or bring their own beanbag chairs), so Alistair standing in his spiffy orange blazer, cap, and tie, seems perfect (except when his legs stick out the bottom of the steam loco cab floor into the ashpan)

Sometimes I feel like there is nobody even in the cab, driving in the Trainz cab (like in the movies: "Runaway Train" and "Unstoppable")

There are 4 engineers made by the same creator, and "Stucky" is one of them ... Robocop, Yosemite Sam, and Fred Flinstone are a few of my favorites :hehe:

I have my favorite too!

I use Willie G. but I preferred the pre-politically correct; Willie the Gimp cause I'm Willy and getting older, sometimes I feel like a gimp when I get up in the morning!

Roger, did you know you are my assigned farm wagon driver on one of my routes?
Damon has a flashy purple uniform that does not look right in my Esspee SD40-T-2 cab. I like Andrew's plain black uniform that doesn't stick out better.
I wish drivers of American locomotives, diesel, steam or otherwise, would all don old-fashioned engineer's bib overalls, boots, and engineer hats as Willie G does. Steam drivers and firemen need gloves as well as those boiler and firebox parts are very hot.

I hate beards and like my drivers to be clean-shaven. The men in the cowboy hats with the mustaches driving my stagecoach and farm wagon look OK.
Roger's avatar has a beard but the horse wagon driver in the cowboy hat has a mustache and that's cool by me.

In Edit Session, I chose Willie G as the C&O Kanawha K-4 driver for TANE, but no driver figure actually shows up in this grand steam loco.

I seemed to hit a bit of gold with an 11 driver group from keimei. Because of these drivers I have 11 cute females that run my fleets of trainz. They have both a driver pic in the driver list and a driver model in the cabs of capable locos. The quirk of these girls is that fans of anime would like them better than the non anime crowd.

Back