Looking for TRAINZ Burlington GP38-2

Heinrich505

Hello All,
I'm a long term HO model railroader, but new to TRAINZ. Just picked up the Platinum of T:ANE SP2 and can't believe I didn't do this years ago. Had some layouts, mostly 4X8, and real life made me take them down. With TRAINZ, I can create all the layouts and simulations I've ever wanted. It is pretty cool.

I'm trying to recreate my original stable of engines from the HO ones I still have. The first HO engine I ever got was a Burlington GP38-2, Athern brand I think, in the red and white livery. I've been checking all the usual stops, DLR, Trainz Forge, rrmods, etc. Can't find it. I think that sporbust might have had it at one time, but that site doesn't seem to work any more. TRAINZ gives me the GP9 in the Burlington livery, which is cool, but I'm not having any luck with the 38.

Any suggestions? If it is no longer available, I might have to find an undecorated one and learn how to mod it.

Thanks for any help.

Heinrich505

Thanks for the suggestions and the link. I've copied a picture of that engine I'm hunting for. Hope it posts. I've got some BNSF locos - I like the livery.

ATH91725-450.jpg

According to the website www.thedieselshop.us the 980 is a GP35 ordered by the CB&Q in December of 1963. To my knowledge there's not very many CB&Q diesels for Trainz, and I don't think there's any in the red and gray CB&Q scheme. Welcome to the world of Trainz as well, hope you enjoy the forums and Trainz itself! :wave:

BNSF9812,

Thanks for the information and the welcome:). The details about 980 are really nice. I had no idea that the engine number was an actual.

I'm already enjoying this amazing simulation. Are there templates for modding this? I think I saw a plain grey version of a GP38-2 that might suffice.

Heinrich505

You can ask SoCalTrains for reskin their high quality GP35.:)
https://socaltrains.weebly.com/locomotives.html

There is a freeware BN GP38-2 on Jointedrail that also comes with a BNSF GP38-2 to. But you might have to make a Jointedrail account first. I use it on Trainz 12,I think it might work on T:ANE. I have the link for it set up here. http://jointedrail.com/product/bn-bnsf-gp38-2-2-pack/ I hope it is what you might like.
Off Topic:
Is that because JointedRail release a new BN GP38-2 payware, that they remove original BN GP38-2 <kuid2:45324:100006:1> and replace with dirty one in BN/BNSF GP38-2 pack?
014c656311078f142b832b8eac77eec1.jpg

closest thing youre going to find is the Q GP30 by cloakedghost275, at least decent quality. I believe rrmods had some old Q geeps, but theyre not available anymore. You could always ask Joe at RRmods if he still has them, but your best bet now is cloakedghost. Not a lot of Q stuff unfortunately

TimLee, thanks for the link. I send them a request.

WayneShorter, how do I get in touch with cloakedghost275? Is he on the forum here?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I really appreciate them.

Heinrich505

Back