Trial & Error

LMSfan

Everyone has problems with the software , I'm no different . I have had issues in the past from service packs to downloading rolling stock and routes . I'm sure that some will agree with me on this trial & error . We are all in the same boat at the end of the day . It does get frustrating when nothing works . I read the posts here , and realise I'm not alone and that there some great people on here who will help and advice .
At the end of the day its trial & error , Rome was not built in a day .

Well said. In an ideal world every product we purchase would be certified as "perfect" and "100% free of errors", there would be no pot-holes in roads and every train, plane, and bus would arrive and depart exactly "on time".

In the real world we have troubleshooting guides, product recalls, customer complaint departments, road repair crews, etc.

I have spent a bit of time this morning reading and contributing to the posts of one user who is having problems downloading a TANE update from the N3V download servers. As is common in these cases, he started out blaming N3V for having faulty software on their server when it is now looking like he has a faulty software component, such as a .dll file etc, on his computer. The process of trial and error has been used to good effect here to hopefully narrow down the possibilities to the real cause of the problem.

Trial and Error progress.

The user having download problems has started to resolve the issue with advice from other posters in his thread. By changing his method of downloading and his access level, to Admin, he was able to complete the download. He then ran into other problems, which may (or may not) be due to his system running an unpatched early version of Windows 7.

This has been fixed with an update to the latest Windows 7 release but other issues, such as missing or corrupt system files, are now preventing the successful installation of TANE SP2 HF1. These are now being worked through with assistance from other forum members.

His problem has now been solved. Patching Windows 7 to the latest build (a long list of patches were required - there is something to be learned from that) and downloading, installing and repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) files did the trick.

Back