Diesels not producing smoke effects

Railhead001

Hi all.

Any idea what would cause diesel locos to stop generating smoke....doesn't seem to be with one particular creator...seems across the board ???

Stopped or moving?, Because generally if the locomotives are stopped, there won't be any smoke.

N3V have taken up an environmental stance and are stopping pollution in their simulator (LOL)
Bill

Last edited:
Not all locos have smoke effects as well as other things. It definitely depends on the age of an asset you are using. If it is rather old, it may not have smoke, etc, in a newer version of Trainz.

So, what do you do when the loco throws excessive smoke? So much that you can't see and you have to move the camera, and when you do, the smoke seems to follow the center of the camera and again, you can't see? Any settings to tweak?

Hi all.

Any idea what would cause diesel locos to stop generating smoke....doesn't seem to be with one particular creator...seems across the board ???

Do you have the 'PhysX' setting turned on?

PhysX 01.jpg

Maybe it doesn't matter. The heavy smoke happens on only two locos, and it happens on TS12 perhaps earlier iterations of the game and of course TANE. Other locos in TANE show acceptable exhausts

Where is PhysX in TS12 ? I thought it was a feature of TANE. Looks like I am missing something important here... Now, in TANE I have tried both, tick and untick. And the two locos show the same level of black smoke.

Where is PhysX in TS12 ? I thought it was a feature of TANE. Looks like I am missing something important here... Now, in TANE I have tried both, tick and untick. And the two locos show the same level of black smoke.

I don't think TS12 has PhysX. If it does, there is no toggle for it in the game's settings.

I would have to say it is the loco's smoke effect density. You can find all smoke related things under "smoke effects" (or a name similar) in Content Creator.

Back