New to TranzDEM

wpn96

Hello Trainzers,

So recently, I got TranzDEM for Trainz and even though I did read through some of the documentation, I'm still kind of confused. What is the first thing I do if I decided I wanted to do the town of Loomis, California? Just as a start.

Sorry if I sound kinda dumb right now. I'm brand new into TranzDEM and "realistic" route building.

Help will be VERY GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
William

I have some quick guides on using TransDEM, which will supplement what you have read.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkuzBzLIoTefgYttmVKZbuv5F7m2hw

The obtaining and downloading of the National Map data has changed substantially since I put this together, and unfortunately has changed yet again before I have had a chance to update anything!

Other than that, use the NGS website tutorials for information, you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

even though I did read through some of the documentation, I'm still kind of confused.
Did you follow the tutorials in the Quick Start Guide? I urgently recommend this to gain some hands-on experience. The locations picked there are nowhere near your own project area, but the essential thing is to become acquainted with the workflow.

Did you follow the tutorials in the Quick Start Guide? I urgently recommend this to gain some hands-on experience. The locations picked there are nowhere near your own project area, but the essential thing is to become acquainted with the workflow.

how do i find this, tutorials in the Quick Start Guide

The Quick Start Guide, also pointed to in my TransDEM delivery email, is in the TransDEM Trainz Manual, from page 12 onward in the current edition.

Back