Content I would like to commision for the price the content creater and idecide upon

Agreed. They are the closest a machine can get to a living breathing organism - the "pant" of the compressor - like the breath of a beast, the beat of the exhaust - like its heart beat - the release of a steam valve - like its f#rt :eek: (sorry, this is a family thread)

And the whistle it's voice. I believe that they're mankind's oldest machine that has come closest to a living being. There's a reason why they're called 'The Iron Horse'.

i did mean the whole set the rocket, tender and the coaches but even to bring them near to but not completely to the standards of U or edh6 that would be fine for me be it payware or freeware or even a bit of both but with that said and done i'm still open to a price fotr the work related to my forum post take edh6's stirling single the tender on it ha a animated coal load for example which is which is why i'm probably not being practicle but i want this engine with this feature and set if possible. for trainz 12 sp1 hf4.

i did mean the whole set the rocket, tender and the coaches but even to bring them near to but not completely to the standards of U or edh6 that would be fine for me be it payware or freeware or even a bit of both but with that said and done i'm still open to a price fotr the work related to my forum post take edh6's stirling single the tender on it ha a animated coal load for example which is which is why i'm probably not being practicle but i want this engine with this feature and set if possible. for trainz 12 sp1 hf4.

Any new content would probably be made in TANE these days.

Because Blue has a reasonable looking Rocket on the DLS it is unlikely that anyone will wish to create one for sale, ie payware. If you have the funds available and we are probably talking a few thousand dollars and have detailed plans and don't mind waiting for three months min that it takes to build something like this someone may take it on. Can you think of a way to ensure they will get paid?

Do you have plans for the coaches at least? Photos of the replicas that are floating around might be useful as well. Have you compared the underframes on the wagons marked early detailed of mine? Would they work for the coaches, are they the correct length?

Cheerio John

I've honestly never heard of someone charging upwards of a G, but I'm not a content creator.

I mean that model is nice IMO and with a few tweaks you could really make it shine.

i have considered commissioning, but it would be for an engine that a content builder might want to do anyway . I considered that offering possibly $500 for a good build would not cover the time, but might spur them on to put the item at the top of the 'to do ' list, i don't think anyone can really be compensated fairly for their time as it can be hundreds of hours .

Offers there if anyone wants to build a Uintah Shay or number 50 ( the first 2-6-6-2) or if anyone else wants to chip in, PM me

I've honestly never heard of someone charging upwards of a G, but I'm not a content creator.

I mean that model is nice IMO and with a few tweaks you could really make it shine.

If you cost out the number of hours involved then multiply by a reasonable hourly rate for a trained person then that's what you come out to. Do the sums. You can reduce it by doing the research yourself, that typically takes 30% of the time. If you're nudging something up someone's to do list then that can be cheaper.

Have you tried creating content?

I don't think anyone has the original GMAX source for Blue's work its been sometime since he was active and Blender has more capability / flexibility than the normal GMAX exporter.

Cheerio John

Hi there fellow trainzers, I have a content commision request on my terms they are:

Robert Stephensons Rocket, its tender with an animated coal load modelled at the same high quality that trainboi1's models are produced in.

The Rockets special coaches also in said quality showing people in the coaches.

Custome interior for the Rocket.

Can only pay at the end after the content is produced as I don't have a payment plan or a credit card, paypal account a part from asking my dad if he could use his for the content i purchase.

If anyones interested then don't hesitate to pm me on here.

Hi David,

As has been noted in this tread, blue made a model of Robert Stephenson’s Rocket which is available with tender on the DLS (kuid2: <KUID2:55976:57:1 kuid2:119692:800123:1). This version works both in TS12 and TANE.

In addition, there is another, not so correct model bases on Neal Hirsig’s version, which I made to illustrate animation of the drive train. Neal Hirsig placed drive train horizontally for simplification but it could easily be moved to a 45° angle as in Stephenson’s original model. The Blender files are available on my website (http://doug56.net/BlenderAnimation/the-rocket.html). If someone wanted to do this they are welcome to use the Blender files provided on my website.

If you wish to download the finished locomotive into either TS12 or TANE you’ll need the locomotive itself (kuid:431633:100809) and the front (kuid:431633:100820) and back (kuid:431633:100804) bogies.

I didn’t upload this to the DLS because it wasn’t intended to be a replicate of the original Rocket but rather part of a tutorial on animation. Level Of Detail (LOD) has not been applied so in it’s present form it is not unloadable. The detailed mesh including bogies is about 80,000 polys.

Cayden

Back