Tracks configuration drop-down box void of options

I've seen this before but now it is bothering me cause I want to activate more industries.

I set the Queues section for 40ft trailer but when I go to Tracks section there are no commodities to choose, just a blank line in the box and when I point my curser at it a message pops up saying " This Description Needs Setting ". I can plant a curser on the line and type in " 40ft trailers " and hit enter but this does nothing for me. In the same industry I can set all other perimeters but the industries do not function.

I am working with the Summer Lake Track New Era and I'm using Build 84204. Some of the industries I see this problem in are:

Edson-East Logistics DHL Drop

Obed Food LTD Drop

Ponmon Woodstock Pick

If the " Description Needs Setting " where and how is to be set? Is it a list of possible commodities that the route builder has to add some how to the industry track?

Many of the other industries on this route have been set-up or re-set by me, it is just certain ones that I can't work with but I am not a route builder, I can barely play this game!

If anyone is reading this and they can make Portals emit steam engines, what Build do I need to do that????

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

This topic has come up many times before and is caused by a bad product that is installed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe someone else knows the name of a thread to look at.

Steam engines emit from any portal just as do non-steam locos on any build.

Trevor

Thanks for a reply, I thought I was invisible on this site!

This topic has come up many times before and is caused by a bad product that is installed.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe someone else knows the name of a thread to look at.

Steam engines emit from any portal just as do non-steam locos on any build.

Trevor

I'm sorry for not being perfectly clear:

When I said, " Many of the other industries on this route have been set-up or re-set by me, it is just certain ones that I can't work with ", I meant that for instance I can at Marboro-South Cemicals ( Drop Off ), after picking 40ft trailers out of the list for Queue 1, 40ft trailers then becomes avaliable to choose in the box for Tracks at that industry but after doing the same in Queue 1 at Obed Food LTD ( Drop Off ), when I go to the Tracks section 40ft trailers does not appear in the list to choose from.

It seems to me that if the problem was a " bad product " then it would not work in any industries.

As for the steam engine issue: I received an e-mail from the ticket desk where they admitted that they must have broken something that prevented them from emiting but they didn't know when it would be repaired. I have tried to monitor the fixes for builds that come out but have not noticed this being mentioned and I am extremely worried about updating on hope that it has been repaired because I fear I will be a one in a hundred that looses much function as I have read in the forum.

The emission issue was tricky, it seemed to me that often if it was a Portal that could be configured to emit immediately, then I would get one come out OK but after that I would end up with a bunch of Portals where in " Map View " I could see an engine in the bowels of the Portal but nothing behind it ( no tender ) and if questioned a message would say it was there but with 0 tons in tow.

I think this was broken in one of the last major updates to Trainz 12 and then carried over to Trainz A New Era. I had TANE for a long time and finally gave up and put diesels on all my AI while I drive only Steam in the same sessions.

Thanks

Willy

Well, Willy, I hope somebody with experience of the route you are using can contribute to the thread. I am not an expert on industries and suggest that you keep bumping this thread until a more satisfactory solution is put forward.

Regarding TANE builds, SP1 seems to be the most stable at present. Your build is quite old and should be upgraded. SP2 is in a mess and is to be avoided until properly fixed.

Regards - Trevor

Back