A question about Paulz Trainz...

RailFan500CA

Largely Inactive
I would have planned to something from there but when I looked today under the link for the site it says "This site may harm your computer.". What is going on there? Did Paulz Trainz get hacked? Or is google doing another false report? I hope it is a false report.

Anyways,maybe it is just my PC or not. :confused:

I have 5 engines from Him (SP 3809, ATSF 3000, 3002, 3005, and USATC S160), and nothing harmed my computer

Last edited:
It's an annoying glitch from that still happened as stated on the payware section under Paulz thread. No risk of any viruses

Hi Everybody.
Over the years I have purchased any number of assets from Paulz Trainz and excellent content they have always been. However, a couple of years ago I seem to remember some controversy in regard to the accuracy of some of his models which turned out to be a “storm in a teacup” due a number of “rivet counters” we had on the forum at that time.

I felt that Paul lost interest and possibly moved on following the above as he had been an active forum member prior to the controversy. Therefore it may be that the site is now neglected and the warnings are flagged up by that.

However if Paulz is still around and interested in the Trainz franchise perhaps he could be encouraged back if he is indeed non active these days. With new versions of Trainz for PC, IOS and a fresh expansion into Android there is certainly going to be plenty of us looking for great content who do not mind paying for the quality that Paulz always produced.

Bill

Perhaps try a different browser / search engine. Cyberfox will open the site OK without any warnings.

As of the time of writing I have 3983 assets created by Paul on my PCs. Two installations of TS12 and one of T:ANE. Not now, or have I ever had, any harm come to my PC by any of them, nor have I had any flags from either Firefox or my AV/IS program regarding his site. As for the site maintenance, it was done by Paul's partner and she sadly passed away a little over a year ago if my memory serves correctly. If Paul did feel the need to step away for a while, even partly, it is not surprising in the light of the death of a loved one. When Paul builds for me I am a demanding customer but I am not perfect. I read constantly and often turn up a new nugget of information which makes me realise that I missed something or just had the wrong interpretation of either a drawing, a photograph or a source was in error itself. In those circumstances I have always found Paul willing to work to correct it and where it is within his warranty period it has not cost me any more. Remember, he is building to what we as customers provide as a specification and if we have shortcomings in our knowledge it is not his fault. I have just decided in the last 24 hours that I need to commission him to rework my old NER Diagram 116 Driving Van Composite (which is about 5 years old now) in order to make it more detailed. Will that cost me, of course it will, but I will have a better model for less than building a brand new one.

I know that no-one has emerged in creating freeware NER/LNER/ECJS/GN&NEJS coaches for the DLS to the level that Ken Green does for the LNWR/MR/LMSR so I have to pursue the payware route.

Back