Thread: PBRmetal material demo broken

Default PBRmetal material demo broken

Hi everybody,

just downloaded the PBRmetal material demo map from the wiki and loaded it into the preview build.
    Unfortunately the result looks pretty different from the preview image: all the spheres look exactly the same.
    Does anybody else have these issues? And yes, I tried to tweak the environment settings…

(Click on image to enlarge)

The other spheres from ocemy are looking pretty good!

Cheers
    Sachsenbahner
    Last edited by Sachsenbahner; January 12th, 2018 at 03:45 AM.

Blog Entries

The five demo globes look ok to me. They are not using the maps shown at the start of the page.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    The five demo globes look ok to me. They are not using the maps shown at the start of the page.
    Hey Paul, I'm not refering to the five globes (two red and three black ones) but to the "Metallic chart". This chart uses 60 spheres visualizing the different combinations of roughness and metallic.

Here is the preview image from the wiki (please compare to my previous one):

Cheers
    Sachsenbahner

Blog Entries

Ooops! Sorry, I didn't spot the link at the bottom. There are a lot of dependencies so it will take a while to download them and then I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachsenbahner View Post
    Hey Paul, I'm not refering to the five globes (two red and three black ones) but to the "Metallic chart". This chart uses 60 spheres visualizing the different combinations of roughness and metallic.

Cheers
    Sachsenbahner

Paul

Blog Entries

Yes, they all have a dull grey finish. I did look at a few of the parameters.tga files and they vary so I don't know what the problem is. The M100 versions should look very shiny but they don't.

I'll try one of my own tomorrow.

Paul

Blog Entries

I made a simple purple ball with striped variations in the roughness and metallicity maps and it came up OK in game.

purple_pbrmetal_ball.jpg

Paul